This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do love that interior, I bet that ate a whole mess of cash.

Why a Targa SC though?  I wish it was a red 84 Carrera with that interior.  I'd be ringing up right about now.

Pfffffffffffft take your targa SC cursing somewhere else mister, this is my backyard!

:P

:)

The car looks very nice. I really don't understand the engine comment tho. Everything except a rebuild? What is that?

Pfffffffffffft take your targa SC cursing somewhere else mister, this is my backyard!

The car looks very nice. I really don't understand the engine comment tho. Everything except a rebuild? What is that?

Give the man a call...he's in your backyard!

It says -

The Porsche has just arrived. It is a European first delivery with 130 HP petrol engine.
The Targa has a very good, pristine body. Accordingly, the clearances are perfect, underbody, wheel arches and engine compartment are in original condition.
The car is "matching numbers". It was delivered in the colour of fraise. This one makes him a very rare and interesting early 911.
Paint and parts of Interieures are outdated. The price includes a high quality new paint job and an outdated Interior. In
addition, details will be revised so that results in a homogeneous
overall quality with the slight patina of original classic. The technique works.

And it's all yours for AU$79375.00

>And it's all yours for AU$79375.00

And isn't one of the PFA joining criteria to occasionally have a moan about OS car prices?

If Europe and the US keep this up, they'll be coming here for Porsches soon!  I can just see the ads now 'Australian Delivery, Outback car, only driven to the RSL on Fridays'

This looks nice  well prepared and photographed for sale anyways.. many people could learn from this!

cp5188577267831393294.jpg?height=700&asp

And my other current FS favourite is this one...  above is $29k and the viper g is $50k

cp4666145065709618655.jpg?height=700&asp

It's very confusing looking at 2 cars online in isolation and trying to compare them at this price difference. The green has had an extensive rebuild by the sounds of it...

If a seller has spent say $20,000 rebuilding an engine - what is the true cost of that to the new owner over a car that has not had that $20k spent on it???  I know, hard question to answer... 

This looks nice  well prepared and photographed for sale anyways.. many people could learn from this!

cp5188577267831393294.jpg?height=700&asp

And my other current FS favourite is this one...  above is $29k and the viper g is $50k

cp4666145065709618655.jpg?height=700&asp

It's very confusing looking at 2 cars online in isolation and trying to compare them at this price difference. The green has had an extensive rebuild by the sounds of it...

If a seller has spent say $20,000 rebuilding an engine - what is the true cost of that to the new owner over a car that has not had that $20k spent on it???  I know, hard question to answer... 

I think you mean value, not cost.

The answer is that it depends on the condition of the car overall. A car with 20k in the engine may still need 30k in the body and interior. And money spent on an engine isnt necessarily the final word, either, especially if it wasn't done right.

The answer is...you have to work out what is important, and find a car that fits that bill. If you find one priced out of your range you have to just move on. Maybe the car is worth the money, maybe it isn't. But I have wasted time in the past trying to talk sellers into a realistic sale price and rarely do they move if they have a ludicrous price on it. Find one in a condition you can live with in the right budget and buy with pessimism with regards to costs. Applies to all cars, not just Porsches.

I think you mean value, not cost.

The answer is that it depends on the condition of the car overall. A car with 20k in the engine may still need 30k in the body and interior. And money spent on an engine isnt necessarily the final word, either, especially if it wasn't done right.

The answer is...you have to work out what is important, and find a car that fits that bill. If you find one priced out of your range you have to just move on. Maybe the car is worth the money, maybe it isn't. But I have wasted time in the past trying to talk sellers into a realistic sale price and rarely do they move if they have a ludicrous price on it. Find one in a condition you can live with in the right budget and buy with pessimism with regards to costs. Applies to all cars, not just Porsches.

Ahhh yes value. Thanks for correcting me :)

I suppose you can only count on what you can see and are told after a PPI.

As a buyer tho, it can be quite confusing with all these different price points. Your advice is spot on as usual Coastr :)

Hi Amanda - the red targa is most likely converted over from LHD, if that makes any difference to you. The radio antenna is on the wrong wing. The wipers are parked on the wrong side. And the VIN is correct for a US model.

A nice looking car, none-the-less. But nothing about the ad would make me interested in that one - no detail, no passion.

The green car is a MUCH more inviting prospect. I'd want to know the condition of the paint, which isn't mentioned in the ad, and can't reliably be discerned by photos. If you could get that car for anywhere near the $40K mark, you'd be laughing!

Hi Amanda - the red targa is most likely converted over from LHD, if that makes any difference to you. The radio antenna is on the wrong wing. The wipers are parked on the wrong side. And the VIN is correct for a US model.

A nice looking car, none-the-less. But nothing about the ad would make me interested in that one - no detail, no passion.

The green car is a MUCH more inviting prospect. I'd want to know the condition of the paint, which isn't mentioned in the ad, and can't reliably be discerned by photos. If you could get that car for anywhere near the $40K mark, you'd be laughing!

Cheers Peter -  I still don't notice these imported car features at all.  I'm not sure if its because I am 'just looking' whilst I pay off a few bills or whether I really am just not observant at all!

With that in mind -  the 2 cars are not even comparable other than being Targas.  To me anyway.

Does this one not interest you Amanda? I think Weisser has brought it up a couple times. Seems like a good buy to me and with a recent rebuild buy someone highly regarded by people on this forum, you'd have some piece of mind that it wasn't going to bankrupt you in the foreseeable future.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1977-11774803?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=1&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294963765%204294963638%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Year%3aMin%2c1980&sort=default

cp5134671149173379494_zpsd7f3d58f.jpg

Does this one not interest you Amanda? I think Weisser has brought it up a couple times. Seems like a good buy to me and with a recent rebuild buy someone highly regarded by people on this forum, you'd have some piece of mind that it wasn't going to bankrupt you in the foreseeable future.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1977-11774803?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=1&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294963765%204294963638%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Year%3aMin%2c1980&sort=default

cp5134671149173379494_zpsd7f3d58f.jpg

this one looks very nice.. quite like the colour too

i don't know if wiper resting is the be all and end all of LHD vs RHD though, i've seen some australian delivered cars with their wipers resting on the wrong side...

maybe we should start a kickstarter or crowdsource "time for amanda to get a 911"

Archived