This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow is a very fine colour , although if you're a serious type or badass (real or with trainer wheels) its gotta be black or nothing, lol

Agree,  not a lot of classic Porsches selling in the past year or so and IMO that's because they're overpriced in this country and the demographic is scared off by service costs - real or imagined. And there is a lot of choice when it comes to sporty cars these days. I mean all those slk's and mx5s  :rolleyes:

There are a lot of cars on this thread so not sure if this one has been on already but here goes.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coorparoo/cars-vans-utes/1973-porsche-911-coupe/1017614570?mpch=ads#

I presume that it was a US car originally with those chrome light surrounds and obvious LHD wipers? PFA has taught me a lot about P cars!

There are a lot of cars on this thread so not sure if this one has been on already but here goes.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coorparoo/cars-vans-utes/1973-porsche-911-coupe/1017614570?mpch=ads#

I presume that it was a US car originally with those chrome light surrounds and obvious LHD wipers? PFA has taught me a lot about P cars!

Yep we've mentioned that one.  I like it its pretty. Its an import... and those light surrounds are a bit ugly.  Nice color tho.

Well this thread can be wrapped up now. I've bought a Porsche!

A 2005 Boxster 987 in Arctic Silver. I'll pick it up next week. Very pleased with my purchase and feel I've chosen the right P for me.

Photos next week :)

A huge huge thank you for all the advice I've been given. I really hope my threads have helped other newcomers to the marque and everyone has had fun watching and participating in my crazy journey too.

Amanda

I am very excited for you Amanda, hopefully it will have been worth it! I am however feeling a little sad that this very consuming chapter has come to an end.

Great news Amanda.

There are so many things for you to look forward to.

Driving in the Summer with the top down.

SMTs

PFA car park meets

Driving with the top up

SMTs

Needing to pinch yourself because you ask "Is this really mine?"

SMTs

Canberra SMT

The wonderful sound of that flat 6 engine

That wonderful sound of the Fister boys whilst on a SMT

Oh and did I mention SMTs???

And lets not forget that crazy grin you will have every time you sit in it.

Journey has just begun.

Great news Amanda, good on you :D

I look forward to seeing your photos. Boxsters are nice cars.

I just love the pride of ownership of the Porsche, they are just excellent cars. I am sure you will have a ball, I love my S2, best car I've ever owned.

How many sleeps?? :rolleyes:

Archived