This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

niko I hate you!!!!  of course I had to look!  - although I have spent HOURS and HOURS in that thread prior to Boxster ownership  :blink:  :wacko:

helga_side_posting1089056707.jpg

I have every intention of owning one one day......

Decals!

87+Targa1141060131.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I know. But this is good.

http://www.healeyfactory.com.au/listing/1996-porsche-911-993-targa/

if you could put up with the overhead rattles.

Scary, scary, stuff the Targa roof of a 993.

Mechanically complicated and if something goes wrong with the mechanism you are in a world of hurt.

Having said that...............What a great view!!!!!!!!!

Scary, scary, stuff the Targa roof of a 993.

Mechanically complicated and if something goes wrong with the mechanism you are in a world of hurt.

Having said that...............What a great view!!!!!!!!!

Yes does look good but I cant understand why the Healey Factory never state the Km's traveled on their cars.

Yes it has. And without having spoken to the seller, I'm guessing that people aren't keen on the stripped out racing interior. Unless you want something specific for motorkhana's this might turn people off for day to day use.

It did turn me off initially and I didn't even consider it as an option. After looking for some time and not finding anything I really liked and seeing, in my eyes, the rising value of an 84-89 Carrrera, I considered looking at it. My thought was; it's cheaper to refit an interior than heavy mechanical or body work.

As it was I met the one for me out of the blue and the rest is history.. :)

Porsche will do any colour you like ...for a price. There are many billionaires in China now. 

As I said , for a price anything is possible http://www.911qatar.com/interiorcars.html

Sorry to that just before dinner!

Yes I saw that on 100 Porsches and me. There was that designer who wanted a 911 in the color of his orange shirt, inside and out. I think it was orange.

I asked about the vinyl cos that pink looks very matt in it's finish.

• 9 months later...

I am very excited for you Amanda, hopefully it will have been worth it! I am however feeling a little sad that this very consuming chapter has come to an end.

Well maybe it can reopen?

You know some go the cars in here are still for sale too!

Also on Sunday I had two offers for my car in about 20 minutes. The first guy looked at my car last year when it was for sale. He flew over from Adelaide, viewed it, flew home where he made an offer. The offer was accepted, I then came along and offered more than he did and bought the car out from under him!

andrewb has managed to do the same thing to this guy again! The guy checked with me again today to see if it was sold!

People, always leave a deposit!

I like the look of this one and sounds like good value for money. Prior to finding the one I ended up buying, I was planning to travel Vic to inspect it.. Anyone know this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-149394

Long story short, I know the owner, he lives 100 m up the road. He is a good guy and a respectful car guy. He has spent a lot of money on the car and has only done a few track days so I don't think it has been worn out. It was built up at nine plus in Richmond and is now up at cairns auto who advertise here. I believe it is a pretty honest car. Owner is just a guy that has projects for 2-3 years then moves on to the next thing. The sale price is well below his cost I understand.

Archived