QLD - NSW GTG & Drive Lennox Head - 2022

Some of the Qld attendees are just discussing ease of comms between everyone.  It is suggested that we set up a specific Signal group to push out comms to everyone.  This will give us specific numbers of whose coming.  Is everyone happy with this?

We are looking at making a booking for dinner (hence the discussion re how many are coming). 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!  It was great to catch up after so long.  Also great to put a few more names to new faces too.

The trip home for me was much better than the trip there.  The run from Grafton to Glen Innes on the Gwydir Highway was the highlight.  So much better than the scabby old Bruxner! 

IMG_1324.jpg

Really good to catch up with Peter M, Tingy, Caver and Port 911, which was the best part of the trip, thanks to the crappy roads, in both QLD and NSW. Had some worrying impacts on potholes and other deformations, but car still drives straight with no new noises. A look underneath needed to confirm though! Maybe tomorrow...

11 hours ago, Peter M said:

Yes!  It was great to catch up after so long.  Also great to put a few more names to new faces too.

The trip home for me was much better than the trip there.  The run from Grafton to Glen Innes on the Gwydir Highway was the highlight.  So much better than the scabby old Bruxner! 

IMG_1324.jpg

I would like a full report on the Grafton to Glenn Innis road please.

4 hours ago, Port 911 said:

I would like a full report on the Grafton to Glenn Innis road please.

Gwydir Highway - Wikipedia

The 150km section from Grafton to Glenn Innes is just a really nice tourist road and overall nice drive being astonishingly well maintained (like our favorite bit of the Oxley), good surface, little traffic, 100kph limit the whole way and regular passing opportunities.  

The section through the Gibraltar Range national park is just spectacular (and the 30km or so of twisties is top shelf.)   Just about all 45's, 55's and 65's (that photo above of a 35 is a rarity!)

Unfortunately the twisty section is located about midway between the Grafton and Glenn Innes so it not a case of just popping up the road for a play!

Gibraltar Range National Park | NSW National Parks

However there is a shop, service station and caravan park at Mann River so potential pleasant lunch stop. 

I've been a bit harsh with the Bruxner as the first 40km from Tenterfield is an absolute hoot but is very much a narrow rural road with limited overtaking.  However the traffic was light and those few truck drivers very obliging.  The rest was OK but not memorable.  The local roads east of Casio were poor and the gravel section I went on near diabolical!

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

Gwydir Highway - Wikipedia

The 150km section from Grafton to Glenn Innes is just a really nice tourist road and overall nice drive being astonishingly well maintained (like our favorite bit of the Oxley), good surface, little traffic, 100kph limit the whole way and regular passing opportunities.  

The section through the Gibraltar Range national park is just spectacular (and the 30km or so of twisties is top shelf.)   Just about all 45's, 55's and 65's (that photo above of a 35 is a rarity!)

Unfortunately the twisty section is located about midway between the Grafton and Glenn Innes so it not a case of just popping up the road for a play!

Gibraltar Range National Park | NSW National Parks

However there is a shop, service station and caravan park at Mann River so potential pleasant lunch stop. 

I've been a bit harsh with the Bruxner as the first 40km from Tenterfield is an absolute hoot but is very much a narrow rural road with limited overtaking.  However the traffic was light and those few truck drivers very obliging.  The rest was OK but not memorable.  The local roads east of Casio were poor and the gravel section I when on near diabolical!

https://www.mannriver.com.au/accommodation

Jackadgery , maybe a good midway place to stay, looks like a BYO meals place though. Different   

56 minutes ago, Port 911 said:

https://www.mannriver.com.au/accommodation

Jackadgery , maybe a good midway place to stay, looks like a BYO meals place though. Different   

Now that's a thought too.

I reckon you got this idea after reading the menu.  However couldn't see any cheese cake....😁