QLD - NSW GTG & Drive Lennox Head - 2022

1 hour ago, sus911 said:

Go the XJ40! I always prefer the dual headlight look on those.

Oh Phil!  You trying to troll me just like my 911 drive companions at the time! 😁

It's actually an X300 which is the result of Ford spending 200 million pounds to make a XJ40 reliable.

PS:  Thanks for the bed offer, appreciated but I'll take a rain check this time as I plan to get to Lennox Head on Friday night.

Qld Contingent - possible route down to Lennox?  (any better routes, variations, ideas- please sing out).  Suggested launch from Ipswich area (location to be determined).

North Coast lads can link up (early) with Brisbane lads & head out to Ipswich for launch.

We'll have to come up with suggestions for lunch spot.  Thoughts??

image.thumb.png.7a0841882f9e0c0825d0f1cb7be2111b.png

Possible routes for Sunday morning drive ( suggestions for roads taken from a PFA'er that lived down that way).

Not sure of your route, but a couple of roads in the 'hippy triangle' of Byron, Lismore, Ballina - really worth checking out:

Friday Hut Road, which kind of links Banglow to Lennox | The Kyogle to Nimbin to Tumbulgum Road is incredible | Kyogle to Lismore is a great road and some sections will give you 200kph+ |  The old Bruce Highway from Murwillimbah through MooBall and then to M1 is also awesome.  

If you're coming back up from Grafton, heading north, turn off at Woodburn and take the inland roads to Goonellabah through Tucki... It will bring you out on the Ballina Road, then seek out Richmond Hill Road, then onto Bangalow and Byron.  

• 1 month later...