Porsche Interior Photos!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cockpit of a classic 911 is the most wonderous place in the world. It's almost like sitting in a small aircraft. Not that I've ever sat in the cockpit of a small aircraft, but you know what I mean - spartan, utilitarian, and so ergonomically poor that it's actually cool :D . And the build quality in the 964 and 993 cars is superb -

epcp_1010_08_o+1994_porsche_964_speedste

Yeh I agree Theo, they look great.  I'll try find some other photos to add to this thread. Where did we see that bright yellow 993 interior again?

EDIT:  I am guessing you've all seen that Top Gear blokes description of the 911 cockpit?  - He says its like a bloke had a mouthful of all the knobs and buttons, spat them out and that is how they ended up.. or he may have been even more unkind than that when describing the design!

Ok onto the Singer interior..  the Huer Chronograph is allegedly a $2700 option when buying one of these cars. The chrono dials don't work and once again, allegedly it is not a real Heuer product but simply an aftermarket replica dial added to these cars.

Heuer+clock1253857078.jpg

It looks cool but a definite rip off if these rumours are correct

Singer interior:

Singer-911-Interior-20111.jpg

Magnus Walker also uses a similar Heuer clock face in his 911 72STR 002 build.  Love the chrome surrounds. Porsche gauges look COOL! 

no+ho+speedo.jpg

clock.jpg

Love these seats...

interior-layed-out.jpg

$2700 for a fake TAG Heuer with chronographs that don't work?

buy standard clock, send to speedo rebuilder with a TAG decal

Put the $2700 into buying a real watch for your wrist... that'd buy a nice Omega Speedmaster Professional :)

• 2 weeks later...

All very nice.  Funny thing this thread brings up for me...

(I thought) I  wanted the most modern Porsche i could afford. 

Now that i do, the more the older classics and mid eighties cars are growing on me!

Still don't think i want to part with my modern 911... but can't help but to think how nice a compliment it would be to have a classic too.

I also really like that they can be more of a project that you might tinker with yourself.

Now that i do, the more the older classics and mid eighties cars are growing on me!

Still don't think i want to part with my modern 911... but can't help but to think how nice a compliment it would be to have a classic too.

Good thinking!

Much as I toy with the idea of complimenting my classics with a modern car , the thought of another classic is very appealing. It is a very healthy hobby! Use "depreciation money" to buy stuff and bolt it on! Car gets more valuable. Win, win!

Archived