Amanda Here is THE car for you

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Glenn... yeh I saw that one yesterday.  Wonder where it is, lots of Ps in the background in those photos. Great tartan seats too, they match the black '75 in another listing we all were looking at the other day :)

He's in Richmond.  RSR Garage.  No affiliation but I did buy my car from there and I'm happy with it.

He's in Richmond.  RSR Garage.  No affiliation but I did buy my car from there and I'm happy with it.

Rob (RSR owner) is a good guy, he is someone worth meeting on your Porsche quest for sure.

Well, the Venetian blue one here in Melbourne has been on the market for quite a while now. I'd be surprised if at least one of them wasn't still on the market by the time you're ready to pull the trigger. If not, the lady selling the dark blue one for $59k may have come to her senses by then so you might be able to pick that one up.

Yes he has Amanda. Very well connected from what I hear.

Now I can't work out if he is a dealer or consignment stockist. I believe that under the current Victorian legislation that all dealer cars MUST show a "drive away" price.

OK.

So maybe you will have to lift that a bit to get something decent.

Say to 45k + on going maintenance. Anything under that and you are in for some horrible Porsche ownership.

So Wasser,  I don't get this $45k statement.  The cars I'm looking at are all in a similar price range which is nowhere near $45k.  I'm talking '74 - '77 911s with the 2.7L engine. Now I have read up on that engine and am aware of it's short comings and reputation. And this reputation is probably leading to the perceived market value now. I wonder if these cars are a bit of a sleeper and may appreciate over time.

Of the cars in this range now, that are for sale, only one of them is in 40k bracket. That yellow Targa Sporto. Which seems to be over priced to the rest of the cars in the market now.

I suppose I'd just like to understand how your statement fits into this bracket of 911 cars. 

Theo - when I go and see Rob. I'll ask him that question!  On his website he actually has a blog post asking for more 911s to sell.  So maybe he does a bit of both depending on the vehicle and its price tag.

I'll go visit Rob and will chat to him about what I want. Cool, thanks for that. He's sold some awesome cars by the looks of his site.

He is quite active within the local club scene and knows pretty much anything in the current market (and off the market!). As Chris said he does a bit of both, buys and also sells on consignment. Go have a chat for sure, he will help point you in the right direction.

Id have a good look at the black sporto SC at RSR. Have not bought a car off Rob but have met him many times and he is only too willing to offer some advice; not pushy at all.

He generally only has one example of each era in stock and they are all good clean honest cars.

That black one looks like a ripper from the photo's. The sportomatic transmission is quirky but i do like it. It may be hard to sell in the future though.

My 2 cents.

Danny

That's weird...

My dad sent me the link earlier today and the full add comes up.  I also just did a new search for 911 Carrera's between 20 and 25 grand and it still shows up.

Is the add you're seeing that's saying sold for a 1999 Black 996 Carrera?

Archived