Amanda Here is THE car for you

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to tease wasser (and someone else who shall remain nameless) ....   here she is!  

She is pretty for sure...

Looks like the original 7 blade fan is still in it??

cp5749841870130356004.jpg?height=700&asp

cp4739635265401738221.jpg?height=700&asp

Its a 5 Blade fan and yes it is pretty. please buy it. And then upgrade the front oil cooler and fan to an 11 Blade.

ooooooh I love this car.

Its a 5 Blade fan and yes it is pretty. please buy it. And then upgrade the front oil cooler and fan to an 11 Blade.

ooooooh I love this car.

Yeh but you said spend $45k or have pain -  I've asked you a Q about this but on page 2 now....  

I do like this car I must say.. it's groovy.

This is my best on ground vote at the moment. Bit out of Amanda's current budget but looks like a good buy to me. It would most likely be already in my garage if my blue one hadn't come along first.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1987-14070968?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=23&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294963765%204294963638%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Year%3aMin%2c1990&sort=default

At 30k your going to have to spend money. There is no getting around it. I'd say its a safe bet at the 45k mark your getting a car someone else bought for 30k and spent 20 fixing it up..

this is the answer to your question below.

Yeh but you said spend $45k or have pain -  I've asked you a Q about this but on page 2 now....  

I do like this car I must say.. it's groovy.

Ok, I must clarify. Spend 30k and then wait for the bills because they will come. If they dont come then happy days, but dont spend the money on something else(ie keep 5-10k up your sleeve for mechanical repairs) Its like GST. Spend it on anything else than its purpose and you will shaft yourself in the future.

This Yellow one looks and feels perfect. But I couldn't really commit to a definitive recoomendation until I viewed it and drove it.

Its original and they are only original once. Thats why I like it. Its pure and doesn't have 'improvements' added to it by its litney of owners. It is pure and honest with no shitty steering wheels, gear shift knobs, Turbo wings or stupid wheels.

Me Likey.

this is the answer to your question below.

Ok, I must clarify. Spend 30k and then wait for the bills because they will come. If they dont come then happy days, but dont spend the money on something else(ie keep 5-10k up your sleeve for mechanical repairs) Its like GST. Spend it on anything else than its purpose and you will shaft yourself in the future.

This Yellow one looks and feels perfect. But I couldn't really commit to a definitive recoomendation until I viewed it and drove it.

Its original and they are only original once. Thats why I like it. Its pure and doesn't have 'improvements' added to it by its litney of owners. It is pure and honest with no shitty steering wheels, gear shift knobs, Turbo wings or stupid wheels.

Me Likey.

On the same page now.

To my untrained eye, this car also fits that bill (well the 5 digit speedo doesn't tell any story and I've not seen what paperwork the car has)  or is my eye more untrained than I even realise?

I can clearly see why you all like that yellow car.

EDIT: The reason I've set the budget I have set,  is so I don't get myself in trouble. If I do need to do something drastic like gearbox or engine builds, I'll be able to afford it.  On a 964 at $50k I'd have been in too deep to do anything if something went BANG!

If $30k is what you have to spend, then that places you back in good quality Boxster territory (again!).  Modern car, good condition, just need the IMS updated.

I know that you've contemplated Boxsters before...

Amanda feels overwhelmed....

:blink:  :wacko:  :unsure:

Amanda needs to really narrow down what car she wants. The original post provided a marvellous suggestion but If you didn't like it then fair enough. I can tell that an earlier 911 or 911s appeals because of the price bracket. I shall say it again, they are all 50k cars, maybe nit up front but over time.

I can tell you bought an SLK on a whim because its modern and presents a hassle free concept of motoring. Its not as you well know, modern cars are complicated and thus expensive to keep going. More importantly they lack character and exclusivity.

If you want a relatively hassle free Porsche ownership experience I would suggest buying a 1987 -1989 Carrera 2 in Cab/Targa/Coupe form that has been well maintained by an enthusiast. Sure you will pay more up front but it will be off the road less, leaving you to enjoy the car more. In addition, I feel that a G50 gearboc from these models offers are more 'easy' driving experience.

The 1987-1989 carrera 3.2's were the last of a very long line of impact bumper cars. In short they are bullet proof and can offer decades of wonderful 911 motoring.

They are also highly coveted globally due to the G50 gearbox and the short production run they experienced.

That is why I posted up the Widebody cab for you, because it has low ks and is rare and unique. Plus, I know the fairer sex like cabs.

There is no cheap Porsche option. Only wise, informed and prepared.

This needs to be quoted again because not a truer word could be spoken or more helpful advice given. G series 3.2 is no doubt the best thing you could buy.

There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche. There is only one you have not spent money on yet.

Amanda needs to really narrow down what car she wants. The original post provided a marvellous suggestion but If you didn't like it then fair enough. I can tell that an earlier 911 or 911s appeals because of the price bracket. I shall say it again, they are all 50k cars, maybe nit up front but over time.

I can tell you bought an SLK on a whim because its modern and presents a hassle free concept of motoring. Its not as you well know, modern cars are complicated and thus expensive to keep going. More importantly they lack character and exclusivity.

If you want a relatively hassle free Porsche ownership experience I would suggest buying a 1987 -1989 Carrera 2 in Cab/Targa/Coupe form that has been well maintained by an enthusiast. Sure you will pay more up front but it will be off the road less, leaving you to enjoy the car more. In addition, I feel that a G50 gearboc from these models offers are more 'easy' driving experience.

The 1987-1989 carrera 3.2's were the last of a very long line of impact bumper cars. In short they are bullet proof and can offer decades of wonderful 911 motoring.

They are also highly coveted globally due to the G50 gearbox and the short production run they experienced.

That is why I posted up the Widebody cab for you, because it has low ks and is rare and unique. Plus, I know the fairer sex like cabs.

There is no cheap Porsche option. Only wise, informed and prepared.

This needs to be quoted again because not a truer word could be spoken or more helpful advice given. G series 3.2 is no doubt the best thing you could buy.

There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche. There is only one you have not spent money on yet.

Well actually, no, a post that is immediately above your post does not need to be quoted again.

I have read all the advice I have been given, repeatedly. I have been nothing but respectful and polite to everyone on this forum.  I am doing my research and most of all, trying to have fun.

I wanted to join a passionate group of people, buy a car to enjoy with those people and make new friends. I wanted to buy a car I'd always dreamt about...  now I'm questioning all of this again!

It sounds like you need to drop the top on the SLK and drive down to the island on Sunday - the country roads, fresh air and boxer noise filled serenity will get things back in check...............

I love being a part of your quest Amanda, dont leave me now!

Hang in there Amanda. I for one hope that you find a car that gives you as much enjoyment as most on this forum have found

Please accept the advice/comments as given with good intention. It's sometimes difficult to convey humour or friendly sentiment in a quick post.

Good luck.

It sounds like you need to drop the top on the SLK and drive down to the island on Sunday - the country roads, fresh air and boxer noise filled serenity will get things back in check...............

I love being a part of your quest Amanda, dont leave me now!

I can't even do that at the moment Hugh, car is in the panel shop having a new front bumper fit after the hit and run that happened prior to Christmas.

I really have had bad luck with this SLK.  It's no wonder I'm going loopy!

Hang in there Amanda. I for one hope that you find a car that gives you as much enjoyment as most on this forum have found

Please accept the advice/comments as given with good intention. It's sometimes difficult to convey humour or friendly sentiment in a quick post.

Good luck.

Thanks Harvs.  I am very aware of all the good intentions and am incredibly appreciative of this forum.  I just don't think the same things need to be said over and over.

I'm here, I'm listening.. my eyes and ears are wide open ;):)

This is my best on ground vote at the moment. Bit out of Amanda's current budget but looks like a good buy to me. It would most likely be already in my garage if my blue one hadn't come along first.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1987-14070968?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=23&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1246 1252 1247 1282 4294963765 4294963638 1216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Year:Min,1990&sort=default

Crikey, me likey that one. WA though. Pricey too, but probably not far off the market.

Archived