Amanda Here is THE car for you

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I considered investigating this car while I was tossing up between cab and coupe. I think it looks awesome with the top down. I'm a tail on guy but do like it without. This ones sensibly priced too with awesome kms on it.

That car isn't quite what i want  :rolleyes:   I like the earlier pre-SC machines...   I'm currently researching the 2.7l variants in the '74-'77 911s. 

I'm totally smitten with the narrow body looks. This I realised at the SMT in Melbourne when I couldn't stop looking at Dougs car. Now a long bonnet in RHD is way out of my price league BUT from '74 onwards there's a few I could afford in Targa form. Which is what I want.

Like this or this or this

I know that might not be many of you guys cuppa tea, but its what I like. Now that the plan is to have a run around, means this type of car would be one I can drive when I want to and conditions are right. 

Ok, well if you want the pre sc machines you will have to spend some cash.

75-77 carrera 3.0 coupe in "OK" Condition (maybe needs 5-15k spent) 45k and you will be lucky

74-77 Carrera Crazy town forget it.

74-77 911/911S 35k - 45k.

I only posted this because it is a minter and has low k's + a G50 Gearbox.

The VIC rego pictures are probably from when the current owner bought the car.....

$45k cash un conditional would secure this car.

But, if you want an earlier car BUY THE YELLOW ONE and prepare for some invoices, Which is cool.

I Like the yellow one. ALOT. I am seriously thinking about flying over and buying it myself.

75-77 carrera 3.0 coupe in "OK" Condition (maybe needs 5-15k spent) 45k and you will be lucky

The VIC rego pictures are probably from when the current owner bought the car.....

But, if you want an earlier car BUY THE YELLOW ONE and prepare for some invoices, Which is cool.

I Like the yellow one. ALOT. I am seriously thinking about flying over and buying it myself.

Which yellow one the pale yellow coupe or the expensive targa above?

Of them all, I like the NSW one. But bare in mind, I've not seen one of these cars in the metal yet.. I may change my mind :D

And also, even tho I do prefer the pre-SC.  That blue targa UK import on eBay looks very nice too. The PO seems to have spent quite a bit of $$ on it.. I've learnt enough to know that you want a car that has had the $$$ spent on it, $ I hopefully don't need to spend.

$45,000 really is exceptional value for an M491 with such low kms. It really goes to show the lack of demand for the cabs.

$45,000 really is exceptional value for an M491 with such low kms. It really goes to show the lack of demand for the cabs.

Yes it is..............HINT

Which yellow one the pale yellow coupe or the expensive targa above?

Of them all, I like the NSW one. But bare in mind, I've not seen one of these cars in the metal yet.. I may change my mind :D

the yellow coupe with cookie cutters.

You change your mind a fair bit :rolleyes: I reckon you'd quite like the convertible I posted.

Or, just trade the SLK in for the Boxster S.

Simples.

I'll change my mind as many times as it takes for me to make the right decision!   :P  :P  :P

Given my brother will be my mechanic most of the time, I really do need to go shopping with him. Get him in front of a few of these cars and start educating him as well.  Together we will find me the right car. 

Sorry Wasser for posting that yellow coupe (in case you wanted to keep it for yourself!)...............Its a great looking car.

I've seen it before and I covet it for its originality and simplicity.

I'll change my mind as many times as it takes for me to make the right decision!   :P  :P  :P

Given my brother will be my mechanic most of the time, I really do need to go shopping with him. Get him in front of a few of these cars and start educating him as well.  Together we will find me the right car. 

maybe thats what you need to do.........get him on board to understand what he is in for.

Yellow car could be a converted car going by the headlights - if so a bit on the high $ side.

Possibly, I didn't notice that, the wipers are siiting on the correct side though.....

Archived