Is Gumtree the new Car Sales?

Merv

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Certainly a cheaper way to advertise , when I sold my 997 on carsales the advert cost was around $150 .

It used to be $79 so Carsales has become expensive but it certainly has the biggest audience and not many Porsches get listed on Gumtree, eBay or Facebook Marketplace. 

11 minutes ago, mrar said:

Last three ads I put up on there worked, all full price. First two were advertised in conjunction with trucksales and carsales, third not, as I knew Gt would work.

All three sales came out of the" terrible platform" , will use Gt soley again next time too as we move surplus vehiclles to our requiements.

A dealer bought one of these vehicles, he saw it on Gt as soon as was posted.

Its not a dig mate - from the user perspective, ie the person trying to buy whatever it is, it is a crap experience. It is intentionally designed that way given that it is owned by ebay these days.

18 hours ago, Niels said:

Wonders never cease. A platform to advertise unwanted kittens and second hand wedding dresses also works for an $800,000 Porsche. Who’d have thought?

Are you saying that buyers of $800,000 Porsches are too good to buy a 2nd hand wedding dress so they shouldn't be browsing on there?? ..

Maybe the old adage of a dollar saved is a dollar towards an $800,000 Porsche holds true.

Just ask'n ... :Chuckle2:

18 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Do we honestly believe this sold for 800k? You've got delivery miles cars listed in the 700s that have been sitting for a very long time.

Have you sent the traditional Gumtree greeting? “IS tHis sTilL aVaiLable????” 😂

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Have you sent the traditional Gumtree greeting? “IS tHis sTilL aVaiLable????” 😂

That’s become the standard greeting on Facebook marketplace & Carsales, it’s often followed by either the sounds of silence or “what’s your best/last price?” 🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Are you saying that buyers of $800,000 Porsches are too good to buy a 2nd hand wedding dress so they shouldn't be browsing on there?? ..

Maybe the old adage of a dollar saved is a dollar towards an $800,000 Porsche holds true.

Just ask'n ... 

Nah… I’d never say too good.

Merely that I’m not so sure someone looking for a slightly soiled size 22 wedding dress would have higher priorities than sourcing a 911 Speedster. But, as I said, wonders never cease.