Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Merv

Is Gumtree the new Car Sales?

Recommended Posts

Certainly a cheaper way to advertise , when I sold my 997 on carsales the advert cost was around $150 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raven said:

Certainly a cheaper way to advertise , when I sold my 997 on carsales the advert cost was around $150 .

It used to be $79 so Carsales has become expensive but it certainly has the biggest audience and not many Porsches get listed on Gumtree, eBay or Facebook Marketplace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not ones like this for almost $800,000, I would have thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merv said:

Not ones like this for almost $800,000, I would have thought?

Dealer not wanting to spend money on proper advertising probably!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealers pay a much higher cost than us plebs. Multiply that by all the cars they they stock, it an exxy exercise for them.

Not that I feel sorry for them at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrar said:

Gt works.

 

It’s a terrible platform. Definitely a ‘get what you pay for’ service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that Gumtree, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, etc will work in conjunction with Carsales.

After all, it is about getting your car seen by as many people as possible, regardless if the platform actually works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car Sales now links with Facebook as well in their platform.  I wonder if they pay for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sleazius said:

It’s a terrible platform. Definitely a ‘get what you pay for’ service.

Last three ads I put up on there worked, all full price. First two were advertised in conjunction with trucksales and carsales, third not, as I knew Gt would work.

All three sales came out of the" terrible platform" , will use Gt soley again next time too as we move surplus vehiclles to our requiements.

A dealer bought one of these vehicles, he saw it on Gt as soon as was posted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mrar said:

Last three ads I put up on there worked, all full price. First two were advertised in conjunction with trucksales and carsales, third not, as I knew Gt would work.

All three sales came out of the" terrible platform" , will use Gt soley again next time too as we move surplus vehiclles to our requiements.

A dealer bought one of these vehicles, he saw it on Gt as soon as was posted.

 

Its not a dig mate - from the user perspective, ie the person trying to buy whatever it is, it is a crap experience. It is intentionally designed that way given that it is owned by ebay these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonders never cease. A platform to advertise unwanted kittens and second hand wedding dresses also works for an $800,000 Porsche. Who’d have thought?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Niels said:

Wonders never cease. A platform to advertise unwanted kittens and second hand wedding dresses also works for an $800,000 Porsche. Who’d have thought?
 

 

Are you saying that buyers of $800,000 Porsches are too good to buy a 2nd hand wedding dress so they shouldn't be browsing on there?? ..

Maybe the old adage of a dollar saved is a dollar towards an $800,000 Porsche holds true.

Just ask'n ... :Chuckle2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we honestly believe this sold for 800k? You've got delivery miles cars listed in the 700s that have been sitting for a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Do we honestly believe this sold for 800k? You've got delivery miles cars listed in the 700s that have been sitting for a very long time.

Have you sent the traditional Gumtree greeting? “IS tHis sTilL aVaiLable????” 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JWM said:

Have you sent the traditional Gumtree greeting? “IS tHis sTilL aVaiLable????” 😂

That’s become the standard greeting on Facebook marketplace & Carsales, it’s often followed by either the sounds of silence or “what’s your best/last price?” 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Are you saying that buyers of $800,000 Porsches are too good to buy a 2nd hand wedding dress so they shouldn't be browsing on there?? ..

Maybe the old adage of a dollar saved is a dollar towards an $800,000 Porsche holds true.

Just ask'n ... 

 

Nah… I’d never say too good.

Merely that I’m not so sure someone looking for a slightly soiled size 22 wedding dress would have higher priorities than sourcing a 911 Speedster. But, as I said, wonders never cease.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...