Back seat access with fixed-back front seats

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

What do you do with back seat access if you fit fixed back front seats? Just ignore back seats?

Has anyone tried to hinge the front seats AKA 356 speedsters?

I have fixed buckets in Harry and with the half cage as well it has rendered the rear seat area pretty much totally useless. I can just get my helmet in if I move the passenger seat forward it just shoehorns in.

They're a pain if you want to access rear seats Raf. I've had race seats in mine, and even lthough they're great for holding you in place when driving in the hills etc, I'll never have them again

41 minutes ago, LeeM said:

They're a pain if you want to access rear seats Raf. I've had race seats in mine, and even lthough they're great for holding you in place when driving in the hills etc, I'll never have them again

You have got to be a fkn midget to get access to the back seats in a normal Porka, Not alone one with roll bars and seats that don't pivot . ( No offence to Midgets or little people example only)

Unless you had some type of hinge so they tilted forward I'm not sure of the legality of having fixed buckets with rear seats (pretty sure from memory it isn't permitted) as it hampers access and egress of the rear seats.  Passengers also wouldn't be able to exit easily/quickly in event of a crash.  

6 hours ago, 9er said:

I have a tilting seat mount for the passenger side, which makes it all easy.

similar to this

IMG_20200717_131505.jpg

Yes that's what I was referring to. The 356 Speedster seats has a similar concept although the frame is made out of timber. Thanks

9 hours ago, PhilH said:

Next project Jeff?

It is definitely on the books now :D

I had a look and there are a few options out there, but some some of them I don't like the look of the latch as it looks a little flimsy if you have an accident. I am sure I can build something that does the job nicely though.

6 hours ago, OZ930 said:

....but you still have the cage to get through to get to the rear window..

I need to get around to paring back my cage. It has too many bars and is massive overkill.