1966 912 coupe ?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what fun would it be without mechanical challenges! even if it did have mechanical problems i cant see how it could be bad at that sort of money.

by the way your new car looks great.

Thanks Man.

Of course, I like it when things need fixing, I am sick like that. The white one would be a good project as well.

I am lovin the red one. It looks better in the pictures, its a 5 Metre car, looks great from 5 metres away.

Now I just have to wait until March 5th for it to turn up. Apparently I dont have to get it inspected as it is currently registered in Victoria so no Regency park nazis, woo hoo.

I have a nice set of white on black historic plates (All numbers) all ready to go on as well.

can't wait!!

Thanks Chaps.

It has to go over the pit at our local vehicle standards beureau. Nazis.

All I need to do to it is install a RHS Durant Door Mirror(have one so easy)

and..............wait for it, remove the seat belts. Yes as cars made prior to 01/01/1967 don't need them.

Should sail through the inspection.

desismileys_4422.gif

This is becoming contagious, and driving me a little crazy (crazier) even me a died in the wool "water"cooled, airconditioning, power steering, all that lazy stuff type of bloke that I am...is looking at 912 ads....

They really are a cool car...

I have no where to put one, I can't really justify buying one, I don't really need one, and if I did need one my beloved Bluebird would have to go.....hmmmm FIG, and Wasser and now Uncle are going to get me into trouble if I keep thinking like this...

desismileys_4422.gif

This is becoming contagious, and driving me a little crazy (crazier) even me a died in the wool "water"cooled, airconditioning, power steering, all that lazy stuff type of bloke that I am...is looking at 912 ads....

They really are a cool car...

I have no where to put one, I can't really justify buying one, I don't really need one, and if I did need one my beloved Bluebird would have to go.....hmmmm FIG, and Wasser and now Uncle are going to get me into trouble if I keep thinking like this...

Forums are contagious.. the passion people display for certain goods can make even the most sane sensible person suddenly wonder if anyone would miss their youngest born if they sold them to fund whatever object of desire has suddenly captured their attention!  :rolleyes:

This entire forum has been like that for me. Going to the car park SMT was like that for me. Also Rolex and Panerai watches have also been something like that for me! 

I bought the SLK thinking I was buying myself a sensible/fun ride devoid of any of the modern issues Porsche cars seem to be tainted with.. but the passion of PFA saw that sensible purchase go on car sales (the teeting issues i had with the car were also a contributing factor - novelty wore off real quick) and now my little girl brain is full of Porsche Porsche Porsche... 

I just found out mine was sold new in Munich and its numbers matching. Delivered June 1966.

The 912 Things has been brewing for a long time. I just couldn't avoid it in the end..............My little 912 has been delivered to the Depot of CEVA Logistics in Brooklyn and should be with me by mid next week.

Can't wait.

I will have to wait to drive on the street as I will spend a whole day having it inspected for road worthiness etc..........and then I have to get the historic registration sorted, then go and register it........... 

Will give m some time to do some work on her whilst she is laid up. NOS Blaupunkt, tidy up some trim, new fluids, bleed brakes, polish and we are on our way...........

Archived