1966 912 coupe ?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting reading.

Well I found it a little difficult driving it to CEVA this afternoon. Sad to see it go- but happy its off to a good home. It is a fantastic car,

and for the time I owned it, loved driving it. Very different to my 65  911, more a cruiser -  good to drive and not worry so much about where and when you park it.

As for Gum tree........ I was not desperate to sell. Thought I would start there and move on to car sales if need be. I received no calls the first week after listing. Then 3 or 4 calls a day. There is certainly interest in the 912's. Steve was the first to look at the car. I had offers sight unseen for 15k from a melbourne lawyer, and then there was the Brisbane Canadian who did the deal for $17K but couldn't quite get to the bank..........3 days in a row...... to pay a deposit on the car.

If I had more garage space, I would have kept it............

Love driving a left hooker also. Its a bit of a novelty.

Anyway Steve, enjoy the car and I look forward to your updates.

Regards

John Orchard

Interesting reading.

Well I found it a little difficult driving it to CEVA this afternoon. Sad to see it go- but happy its off to a good home. It is a fantastic car,

and for the time I owned it, loved driving it. Very different to my 65  911, more a cruiser -  good to drive and not worry so much about where and when you park it.

As for Gum tree........ I was not desperate to sell. Thought I would start there and move on to car sales if need be. I received no calls the first week after listing. Then 3 or 4 calls a day. There is certainly interest in the 912's. Steve was the first to look at the car. I had offers sight unseen for 15k from a melbourne lawyer, and then there was the Brisbane Canadian who did the deal for $17K but couldn't quite get to the bank..........3 days in a row...... to pay a deposit on the car.

If I had more garage space, I would have kept it............

Love driving a left hooker also. Its a bit of a novelty.

Anyway Steve, enjoy the car and I look forward to your updates.

Regards

John Orchard

Your little car has certainly gone to a good home and a good bloke that is never too shy to lend a hand to people on this fine forum.

As for Gumtree - why not advertise it for free, especially if you aren't in a hurry to sell.  On various fora, a few people found the advert for your car and were pointing it out to people all over the world. I think that is great :)

Anyways, nice to see you pop in and say hi John :)

• 4 weeks later...

from mahag?

Mahag Autohaus, not sure on that detail. Porsche just advised that it was delivered new in Munich in July 1966, Built April 1966 with 5 Speed, Chrome Wheels, Clock and outside temperature gauge as options. Numbers all match as well.

I suspect it was sold to an american serviceman and taken to the states when he/she returned home as it now has a MPH Speedo.

Archived