First time Porsche Owner

Sooooooo been a big Audi fan for a long time in my life. Recently decided to make the move out of the Audi world and into the Porsche world. Can safely say I've never been happier! I love the brand so much I upgraded mine and hers haha!

'14 Cayman S 981 & '16 Macan GTS

'14 Cayman S 981

- PDK

- PSE

- Chrono

- 20' Carrera Wheels

- X73 Retrofit (Installing next week)

- Mode Spacers (F12mm & R15mm)

- E Wing Aero Custom side skirt extensions 

- BMC Air Filters

- GTS Tail Lights (Installing next week)

- AWE Wind Deflectors

'16 Macan GTS

- PDK

- PASM

- PSE

- Chrono

- Extended Leather

- Carbon Interior

- Carbon Wheels

- Sunroof

- Extended Leather

- 21" Turbo wheels (Getting swapped to Sports Classics I picked up recently)

- Eibach Pro Springs

- Mode Spacers (F7mm & R10mm)

Also if any one is interested you can get the side skirt extensions from here - https://www.ewingaerodesigns.com/products/porsche-cayman-side-skirt-extensions?fbclid=IwAR29PA9Kkj8Ef6T3o0ktjq3RZm-mYDFXKnNiaF-YyNDNqVh_6jRR6hgMC0g

PXL_20220710_012528804.thumb.jpg.bf57945837ebb90cacd0d40e32d6dd82.jpg

PXL_20220709_053411856.thumb.jpg.a7e98d0387f41347144ea273f394d80e.jpg

FB_IMG_1656713806303.thumb.jpg.6f934d23e2ce9c413e27351babf3a0f5.jpg

PXL_20220528_040948472.thumb.jpg.8a92ca11a7534e843befc63ea9048b71.jpg

PXL_20220413_021613107.thumb.jpg.2a9ae9540b3fe1a1bdd144014a8861f7.jpg

PXL_20220424_021823629.thumb.jpg.55e180fe09d7bf440e2f84d70c29c8d8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm - That is super weird haha ok let me fix

19 hours ago, tomo said:

Would to like comment but the - in a circle is just that, no pics : ( .

@tomo Can you see images now?

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Ommeh Please use another photo hosting site to upload. 

Seems a bit suss to me

Yeah uploading direct to the forum now

@LeeM did that fix it?

Congrats and welcome!

I see you've wasted no time in taking the Cayman to SMSP and Macan to Luddenham. Well done!

What kind of time does the Macan get at Luddenham?

I got my wife a '16 Macan GTS, but she is not so keen about letting me take it to the track. (Although I suspect I'd lose enthusiasm after setting a lap time with minimal traffic, and then prefer to drive my Boxster instead).

Cheers and enjoy the cars,

Ian

12 hours ago, Ian718 said:

Congrats and welcome!

I see you've wasted no time in taking the Cayman to SMSP and Macan to Luddenham. Well done!

What kind of time does the Macan get at Luddenham?

I got my wife a '16 Macan GTS, but she is not so keen about letting me take it to the track. (Although I suspect I'd lose enthusiasm after setting a lap time with minimal traffic, and then prefer to drive my Boxster instead).

Cheers and enjoy the cars,

Ian

Hahah yeah straight to the track :D

The Macan was epic - Was averaging a 56.6 which was really good. The brakes are epic on the GTS and I was out breaking cars half my weight. That's where I was finding a lot of my time and the torque on power out. 

4 hours ago, Ommeh said:

My order is in! For those who are chasing one then head over to https://skyermotorsport.com/products/porsche-boxster-cayman-981-ducktail-spoiler

Works about to be $617 USD Shipped. Will hopefully get it in 2-3 weeks before painting!

1287162664_WhatsAppImage2022-08-03at12_41_10PM.thumb.jpeg.e75852cf1e56d3badd7a0b9c49a53e16.jpeg

2-3 weeks might be a bit of wishful thinking, I had some similar 996 parts picked up from Anaheim on 18/7,. and as of today they're still showing in Customs in LA.......

11 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

2-3 weeks might be a bit of wishful thinking, I had some similar 996 parts picked up from Anaheim on 18/7,. and as of today they're still showing in Customs in LA.......

Hahaha definitely wishful thinking - But a car guy can always hope XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, how did I miss this thread earlier - great set of cars you have there (although I may be biased 😉)

I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to do the X73 retrofit on my GTS - did you have PASM before?  Any thoughts on before/after?  Would you mind sharing cost (or rough estimate?)

Also, ducktail looks awesome, congrats!

6 hours ago, Beau said:

Wow, how did I miss this thread earlier - great set of cars you have there (although I may be biased 😉)

I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to do the X73 retrofit on my GTS - did you have PASM before?  Any thoughts on before/after?  Would you mind sharing cost (or rough estimate?)

Also, ducktail looks awesome, congrats!

Thanks @Beau - Yeah the X73 are epic! I didn't have PASM so it was a solid 20mm drop for me but the car is completely different. It's like driving my mates GT4 - Super planted and the oversteer is very predictable. I think from memory mine was around $2500 USD from Design911 however total cost inc shipping, tax and install worked out to be around $6900 AUD which is hella expensive. It was also the last set in the UK as I believe they are REALLY hard to get now. I didn't go springs/Coilovers cause I wanted to stick to OEM+ as much as possible.

The Macan with new shoes - Honestly the best wheels for the Macan. I didn't end up painting them Gold and kept them OEM. Wish there were lower options of springs out there for the Macan GTS with PASM. Currently on Eibach Pros which only drop it 5mm lower from GTS height.

image.thumb.jpeg.875a4b7609bec858cdd4221a3c53b474.jpeg

16 hours ago, Ommeh said:

It's like driving my mates GT4 - Super planted and the oversteer is very predictable. I think from memory mine was around $2500 USD from Design911 however total cost inc shipping, tax and install worked out to be around $6900 AUD which is hella expensive. It was also the last set in the UK as I believe they are REALLY hard to get now. I didn't go springs/Coilovers cause I wanted to stick to OEM+ as much as possible.

Thanks for the review, certainly seems like the best option (to keep OEM) although I must say the PASM isn't bad (understatement, my driving skills on track would let go long before the car would) - but yes $$$$ and hard to get... likely by the time I decide to bite the bullet they will all be gone 🤣.

The Macan looks very good; I've never considered putting aftermarket springs on mine although I do regret not optioning the air suspension which would have made lowering much easier... oh well, next Macan can have that 😉 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:36, Beau said:

Thanks for the review, certainly seems like the best option (to keep OEM) although I must say the PASM isn't bad (understatement, my driving skills on track would let go long before the car would) - but yes $$$$ and hard to get... likely by the time I decide to bite the bullet they will all be gone 🤣.

The Macan looks very good; I've never considered putting aftermarket springs on mine although I do regret not optioning the air suspension which would have made lowering much easier... oh well, next Macan can have that 😉 

Yeah it's going to be a long wait apparently - If one comes up on the second hand market then it would be worth the pounce. That being said tho if you've got PASM I would just look at getting the X73 front and rear sway bars . They are purchasable separately and would make a huge difference. 

Yeah I wish I had the air too but correct - Maybe the next one haha