991.1 base prices

I suspect at the bottom of the market, cars are trading in the higher part of the low 100k mark to the early mid 100k mark. 

I've started to keep an eye on these too, as I think I may trade up to a 991.1 Carrera from my 997.1 Carrera when the time is right... although I am probably a couple of years away from doing that! 

I was tracking a .1 Carrera S with some nice options 3-4 months back that I reckon could have been had for $165 (it was a bit remotely located which wouldn't have been helping it sell).  I think prices have softened since, and price for a base is probably $140ish?  That price is being asked for 997's in which case I think I would buy the 991, although the 997 might be a bit more engaging to drive....

27 minutes ago, edgy said:

I suspect at the bottom of the market, cars are trading in the higher part of the low 100k mark to the early mid 100k mark. 

I've started to keep an eye on these too, as I think I may trade up to a 991.1 Carrera from my 997.1 Carrera when the time is right... although I am probably a couple of years away from doing that! 

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2022 at 14:46, TwoHeadsTas said:

I was tracking a .1 Carrera S with some nice options 3-4 months back that I reckon could have been had for $165 (it was a bit remotely located which wouldn't have been helping it sell).  I think prices have softened since, and price for a base is probably $140ish?  That price is being asked for 997's in which case I think I would buy the 991, although the 997 might be a bit more engaging to drive....

The UK import base model (105kms) on carsales has dropped from $159 to $149 to $135k, but cheapest S is still $165k (down from $169k). Watch this space....

1 hour ago, SteveS1 said:

The UK import base model (105kms) on carsales has dropped from $159 to $149 to $135k, but cheapest S is still $165k (down from $169k). Watch this space....

If 991.1 prices start approaching 997.1 prices, which would be a more favourable purchase? I'm currently looking at my first 911, and can't decide between the two. 

On one side, the hydraulic steering and the 'classic-ness' of the 997 is appealing, especially in manual, but the 991 looks fantastic as well. 

I think the coming 12 months might present a unique buying opportunity in the luxury car world. 

1 hour ago, Phaxe said:

If 991.1 prices start approaching 997.1 prices, which would be a more favourable purchase? I'm currently looking at my first 911, and can't decide between the two. 

On one side, the hydraulic steering and the 'classic-ness' of the 997 is appealing, especially in manual, but the 991 looks fantastic as well. 

I think the coming 12 months might present a unique buying opportunity in the luxury car world. 

I'm going to say it would depend on the gap in prices to what you can buy a good example of either for, last year I bought a nice low mile 997.1 for daily duties, wouldn't say I got it for a song, but it wasn't expensive either... so very happy with this car for the $$, I plan to use it for a few more years before trading up to a 991, but at that point in time the gap was about $80k~ to a 991, so I personally could not see the value in it... when the gap closes, for sure, you have a harder decision to make!  

3 hours ago, Phaxe said:

If you were considering Tip / PDK 997 vs PDK 991 I would say 991 purely for the significant improvement in 2nd gen PDK in 991 vs 1st Gen PDK in 997.2.  Even more so 991 PDK vs 997.1 Tiptronic, particularly if there is only a small price difference.  However, as noted above, the 997 may well be a more engaging drive, so you'd need to weigh that up in your decision making

7 hours ago, Phaxe said:

I’m literally in the same situation as you at the moment. Trying to hold on but the itch needs to be scratched. 

1 hour ago, PorkaDan said:

I've been eyeing up the the 911.2 in base and S. Drove a 991.1 4S today and I think I'm in love, much better noise and feeling from the engine. I can forgo the CarPlay and have some derpy paddles for that!

No wonder why 991.1 GTS is much more desirable than turbo charged 991.2.  I rarely think about CarPlay when I am in the porka. !Surely you wont be missing it. 

• 2 months later...

To help with people’s numbers I ended up with a White 991S 2013 47kms, PDK, Porsche Approved from Dealer for $178k (1 owner)

good options including sport wheel; the more turbo style wheels, SC, SE, Bmiester Audio etc.

Yes maybe a bit high but all approved by Porsche, heart said yes and the spec I wanted and a quick slap of the deposit as there were a number of peeps looking.

• 6 months later...

What are people's thoughts on the 991.1 pricing now that the 991.2's are coming down due to 992's coming onto the market, the 3.8ltr N/A motor certainly pulls the heart strings but that 3ltr turbo is one quick little tuneable beast. But in saying that surely the 991.2's wont ever drop below the price of a 991.1 ?

On 15/08/2023 at 14:10, Julian1 said:

What are people's thoughts on the 991.1 pricing now that the 991.2's are coming down due to 992's coming onto the market, the 3.8ltr N/A motor certainly pulls the heart strings but that 3ltr turbo is one quick little tuneable beast. But in saying that surely the 991.2's wont ever drop below the price of a 991.1 ?

Like everything sitting on Carsales right now ... prices have further to fall imho.

I agree with that I think .2 will always be worth more than a .1 in general. You're right about the N/A tugging at the heart strings, me too, but then I know two people who, despite starting with that intention, drove both, then bought the turbo.

Having said that, I can see a time where a manual .1 is worth more than a PDK .2 at some point in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/08/2023 at 14:10, Julian1 said:

Well maybe i will have to eat my words, it now seems the 991.2's are getting down to 991.1 pricing, or are the 991.1 sellers just holding out for Covid money and the 991.2's are end of lease or more at dealers that need to turn them over ? how far yet to fall, what were the 991.1 S and 4S prices pre-covid ? i think i can remember around $150k mark ?