Anyone sold at Richmond’s Adelaide

Anyone sold or bought at Richmond’s Adelaide. Looking for feedback in prep for selling my 997, pm me if necessary and don’t want public viewing. With the slowing P market I’m concerned their high listing prices could reduce interest. Cheers. 

Yep, I sold my 930 through them about 5 years ago. They will go over your car and let you know what needs to be done to get it up to sale quality. Their fees are about average for cars on consignment ( I think it was 10 or 11% ) and the sale was fairly quick. I reckon they have a great reputation for providing quality cars so the person who buys from them probably isn't that cheap about the price. 

I believe the guy who started the business no longer works/owns it but i'm not 100% sure.

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Yep, I sold my 930 through them about 5 years ago. They will go over your car and let you know what needs to be done to get it up to sale quality. Their fees are about average for cars on consignment ( I think it was 10 or 11% ) and the sale was fairly quick. I reckon they have a great reputation for providing quality cars so the person who buys from them probably isn't that cheap about the price. 

I believe the guy who started the business no longer works/owns it but i'm not 100% sure.

Good to know 3legs, had a chat with Scott there and 8% + carsales and promo fees (about $700) 

I guess just trust their pricing. Thanks Steve.

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

@sjm 

My experience as a customer:  Enquiries there have fell on deaf ears. I have attempted to buy Pcars from them, without luck. If it's a car they have, its usually overpriced and if you attempt to negotiate they just don't engage/show little interest. 

Other times they profess to have a suitable car coming, and claim they will be in touch... and nothing happens. Follow up phone calls to salesman are not returned. 

So, I have bought cars elsewhere. 

Hope your potential buyers don't have my experience. 

7 hours ago, sjm said:

Anyone sold or bought at Richmond’s Adelaide. Looking for feedback in prep for selling my 997, pm me if necessary and don’t want public viewing. With the slowing P market I’m concerned their high listing prices could reduce interest. Cheers. 

My Boss bought a 987.2 there about 8 months ago, car was very well presented and priced well.

He still has the car and is very happy with it, they let him test drive albeit with salesman and not far but still all went well.

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

@sjm 

My experience as a customer:  Enquiries there have fell on deaf ears. I have attempted to buy Pcars from them, without luck. If it's a car they have, its usually overpriced and if you attempt to negotiate they just don't engage/show little interest. 

Other times they profess to have a suitable car coming, and claim they will be in touch... and nothing happens. Follow up phone calls to salesman are not returned. 

So, I have bought cars elsewhere. 

Hope your potential buyers don't have my experience. 

They do seem to have a steady flow of sales reps apart from Andy and Scott.

Thanks for the insight.

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

Seems like I maybe right about the original business owner. He was very helpful and always kept me informed. Sad that it's gone downhill in that way. It was always fun to have a look at what new cars he had there.

I stop in semi regularly and enjoy the flash metal especially as Adelaide has few showrooms like it.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

My Boss bought a 987.2 there about 8 months ago, car was very well presented and priced well.

He still has the car and is very happy with it, they let him test drive albeit with salesman and not far but still all went well.

Their cars do seem good quality, that's a bonus I suppose.

I know a few who have sold cars through them with no problems, yet it's like any 'caryard', you're bound to get some positive and some negative feedback.

S'pose it depends on what you would prefer to do...take a chance by dropping it into their showroom and letting them do the work with their carsales jargon, or whack it on Carsales and have 25 time wasting wooducks offer you 40 grand less than the asking price? That seems to be a very common thing with selling a Porsche, as most of those, interstate especially, will want a decent discount because they have to have it transported to their home, plus the transfer and stamp duty bullshit spiel they'll cry about not being able to afford 🙄 Do you really want to listen to that? Buggered if I would.

Know what I'd be doing mate, and that doesn't include Carsales! 

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

I know a few who have sold cars through them with no problems, yet it's like any 'caryard', you're bound to get some positive and some negative feedback.

S'pose it depends on what you would prefer to do...take a chance by dropping it into their showroom and letting them do the work with their carsales jargon, or whack it on Carsales and have 25 time wasting wooducks offer you 40 grand less than the asking price? That seems to be a very common thing with selling a Porsche, as most of those, interstate especially, will want a decent discount because they have to have it transported to their home, plus the transfer and stamp duty bullshit spiel they'll cry about not being able to afford 🙄 Do you really want to listen to that? Buggered if I would.

Know what I'd be doing mate, and that doesn't include Carsales! 

Yep, that’s the only reason I’m leaning to Richmond’s. Sold many a car through C/S, not of this value though and the creatures that swim in that cesspool are very closely related to that of scumtree 😳

10 hours ago, Jason A said:
8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I was trying to remember who it was that had a rather less than positive experience with them.....

I was trying to remember who that was too, interested to hear what happened there. 

On 29/11/2022 at 19:32, Jason A said:

@edgy may like to comment. - no swearing allowed though

It's hard to refrain from that, but in short what was agreed upon with my contact had changed by the time the car got there (at my expense) I was told there is no way the business would have facilitated the prep work agreed upon and that my contact (by then former employee) had made that rogue decision without the consent of the owner ... that would have merit with me if the owner wasn't in copy of the email chain where it was detailed, basically I got the "your car is a POS and its not what we sell here, come get" phone call, no apology for the waste of time & $$$ ... they are unscrupulous bastards if you are asking my opinion... I would not give them a cent based on my experience.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

It's hard to refrain from that, but in short what was agreed upon with my contact had changed by the time the car got there (at my expense) I was told there is no way the business would have facilitated the prep work agreed upon and that my contact (by then former employee) had made that rogue decision without the consent of the owner ... that would have merit with me if the owner wasn't in copy of the email chain where it was detailed, basically I got the "your car is a POS and its not what we sell here, come get" phone call, no apology for the waste of time & $$$ ... they are unscrupulous bastards if you are asking my opinion... I would not give them a cent based on my experience.

Well that sucks☹️. I vaguely remember when this happened (Blue GT3?). A change of owner and a number of sales reps hopefully solved that problem.

They have seen my car and are keen to list although has not been checked by them yet, with me local at least if it is rejected, no harm done.

Was it cosmetic, the reason they gave, because there is a couple of small things on mine I'm concerned about if they're that fussy.