This is a game called 'WTF is that?!'

Because it seemed a good idea at the time?

Extract from some book on 928's:

V3 (Audi 100 Coupe) became the first vehicle to test the complete drive line unit in September 1973, using the platform and front section with altered wheel housings and suspension location. This car was stretched to the necessary overall width by bulging fender extensions and taken on two major African tests as well as a Mont Ventoux mountain experiment. At the beginning of 1975 it was converted to automatic gearbox.

V4 (Audi 100 Coupe) didn't receive wider fenders. Instead it was cut down the middle and widened overall by 4.3 inches. This vehicle had the entire 928 platform, the five-liter K-Jetronic engine and transaxle with manual gearbox. It was used in chassis and engine tests from July of 1974 on.

V5 (Audi 100 Coupe) corresponded in technical basics to V4 and as of the end of 1974 was used in chassis experiments, fitted with the ultimate rear axle although it did not yet have the control link, Munga was a bare chassis created in November 1973 and used for engine experiments. It was given the name of Germany's army jeep in deference to its off-road looks. This airy vehicle was really only driveable to a limited extent but testers enjoyed it tremendously around the Weissach grounds, It had a five-liter carburetor engine and transaxle with racing gearbox from the 908.03. Next came those actual 928 prototypes which carried through the test program, beginning in 1974, 928 K 1 (from January 1974) was the first of all 928...

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowledge is power and you are a man with a fine library! Power to you comrade  :)

A3 'twas.

For those that have watched the Italian Job , the first version...

"Well gentlemen , it's a long walk back to England Ain-Salah , and it's... that way"

XXX3.jpg

Humans actually drove that?

Yep, isn't it just the greatest!

It's the "Sport" with big block 493cc donk :D

GoGGO Dart??

no, no, not the Dart!

Looking at the Sedan, it is clear that the company originally made washing machines (2nd hint)

2014-07-30%2012.14.56.jpg

lol, it's a Chaika (the same model they drove on top gear with a push button automatic)

Today I have learnt what a Draisine is. I did have to right click your pic though. Anyway , to digress I will say this Draisine 68386.jpg

reignited my childhood passion for fintails , and for a while there i was actively searching for a project. One day... maybe not the draisine version though, but perhaps one with the pussy magnet. These cars look so good , esp in black  :)

67MBZ250SEBlueMain-763x450.jpg

except that's a W108 not a fintail (which is a W111)  :P

I know I know - but it was a grey fintail in my ladybird book of cars (when I was 5) and the movie "finnie" was much later. The fins got softened over the years I don't mind that - but prefer any 1960-70 Merc to the later ones.

Archived