This is a game called 'WTF is that?!'

Here we are http://www.fiennes.co.uk/The-Cars/Rolls-Royce/Silver-Ghost

Fuel system: Initially gravity tank under front seat. Tank moved to rear in 1909 with pump driven off the gearbox, and off the distributor drive from 1919

There's some good info in this pdf also , it really makes for fascinating reading http://www.rrbew.co.uk/Pdfs/NZ-issue2010-3.pdf

The owner of the Tas ghost recently returned from a Ghost tour of England , now that would be special. No fast foods or Le Mans starts., plenty of time to enjoy the B roads and of course lots of stops for wee :)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My humble apologies kind sir, my experience is with a different brand of motor

that is generally considered rather superior to a Rolls Royce . . . . .

My humble apologies kind sir, my experience is with a different brand of motor

that is generally considered rather superior to a Rolls Royce . . . . .

I always (since 4 yrs old) preferred Mercs to Rollers , which I saw as the province of really rich wankers!

Back in the day, it seems that Rollers were for the noveau riche, the cads, the slightly 'off' persons

Yes there have been a few, the entertainment industry spawns such crass spending. Now what has been seen , cannot be unseen as they say. Presenting Liberace's gift to motoring wtf-dom!

3741634831_93c21753e4_z.jpg

Try this for a bit more style.

DSC_0376_zpsf27696c7.jpg

Who'd have thought that retina burning yellow could be so soothing?  Very nice little car, Barry.

Is that pink bling-mobile up there (I will not re-post that image) a Beetle in drag?

Arrived home tonight to find this at the front door..."WTF is that?"

image-3.jpg

It's big enough to use as body bag!  yet it contained just a single book. The new edition of "The 911 story"  ordered in July last year from Amazon Books.  :)

Harvs, I got mine and had to carry it back from the post office with my 6 month old in the other arm.

Some nice pics in the book

I only had a brief look tonight. Lots of good stuff in there. It was worth the wait.

Arrived home tonight to find this at the front door..."WTF is that?"

image-3.jpg

It's big enough to use as body bag!  yet it contained just a single book. The new edition of "The 911 story"  ordered in July last year from Amazon Books.  :)

It's a great book! And btw I received a 60x40cm bag containing a 6x5cm bag of copper washers the other day!

The doors are wrong for Alpine/Tiger.

It's RHD so something English.

....I used my outrageous powers of Google Fu to discover what it is, but I'm not going to pretend to be more cluey than I really am, nor am I going to steal Airhead's thunder.  Barry, is this a car you know personally?

Tazzieman wins. Revington Italia.

What got me thinking was the rear styling. I happened to drive past an old Peugeot 404 yesterday with similar rear light styling. And thought , the front is a Triumph but I wonder if Farina et al got a tap to restyle the arse end. As you know there was a lot of that type of thing happening in the 50s and 60s.

• 2 months later...

A cousin in England unearthed this pic of my uncle's work vehicle , circa 1970 I guess. I have good memories of clambering over and within , intoxicated by the smell of gear oil.  It took me a while to ID what it is , but a certain styling cue led me there. The engineering is quite interesting!

Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

Archived