This is a game called 'WTF is that?!'

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have a good one. Not a car but somehow related to cars.

I see these strips of metal on the road all the time. Most often at CBD intersections, although it could just that I notice them more while I'm waiting at the lights to cross. They must be ferrous as they tend to rust and they are approx 200mm x 4mm x 1mm.

I'm not sure if this is just a Sydney thing but it has been doing my head in for months. WTF are they??

untitled.png

review at the  time 

"We're glad to see that this vehicle never saw the light of day. It seems to violate everything that Porsche has ever stood for and is frankly confusing that it was ever considered at all."

I see these strips of metal on the road all the time. Most often at CBD intersections, although it could just that I notice them more while I'm waiting at the lights to cross. They must be ferrous as they tend to rust and they are approx 200mm x 4mm x 1mm.

I'm not sure if this is just a Sydney thing but it has been doing my head in for months. WTF are they??

untitled.png

Spring steel hubcap retainer?

untitled.png

Old style wiper blade offcut, maybe truck size??

I recall you used to be able to cut them down to fit and they had a metal support for the rubber.  200mm sounds a bit too long though

untitled.png

They are street sweeper bristles

Porsche C88 China Car ?

In the end they just setup semi state industries, pulled apart existing designs and copied them. The hardest part for China was getting semi-literate armies of factory workers into car workers. But like anything else china, they just throw manpower at the problem and now they are pumping out the Cherys and BYDs and Great Walls like nobody's business.

Archived