Fast fours and rotaries magazine

OBRUT

Did anyone else read FF+R back in the day?

I seem to recall they once featured a G series 911 with a rotary engine swap. The rationale being the flat six went pop and was too expensive to rebuild.  

Anyone else remember the article?  Or did I just imagine this scenario?  No real reason, not planning anything etc just trying to recall if/where I read it. 

51 minutes ago, Steve996 said:

You’re not imagining it. I definitely remember it.  
Wonder if it’s been swapped back now that values are where they are. Can’t imagine someone would commit such sacrilege now days. 

Excellent, confirmation I’m not losing it!

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

No real reason, not planning anything etc just trying to recall if/where I read it. 

Yeah yeah...bullshit 🤔

If you'd asked whether there had been any sort of engine swap in a 914, we'd see one with a 180cc Lambretta turbo engine stuffed in one  😉

Used to hunt it down every month and devour the content.  I remember that feature.  My Datsun 1600 featured in the Readers Rides section at the back of the mag, in about 1989.  The magazines are long gone but I reckon I’ve still got that clipping somewhere, must track it down.

Our motor museum here in Launceston just had it's Japanese Classics day, 3rd time it's been run.  We had over 140 cars I think the number was, entries closed weeks ago.  It's actually opened up a whole new demographic of visitors for us, all the "Fast and the Furious" genre (must be too old, can't say I've ever seen any of the movies 🙂 ).  And to stay on topic, we have a heap of old magazines available for purchase, including, I'm sure, FF&R, so come pay us a visit and take a stack home with you....

333305398_927869144903419_4490526807191941384_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Mj-tWNYoyXkAX_9udgQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=00_AfDSWZb1BQ8TcVUqihGNkkpfCgjDzXZAhmy39CveTCBpWw&oe=6402B9C8

On 01/03/2023 at 07:56, OBRUT said:

It was a great mag, covered (well) a big part of the Aust car scene that was otherwise largely ignored. 

Next challenge - track down the mag with that article…

You asked for it.......

Beige car was 1988, first car.  Circle work in the Otways with my brother in his SSS.  Went to Bonnie Doon with mates a few days later and rolled it, a week after getting my licence.  Bought the red car for $500 and transferred all the bits across.  That's the one that was in FF&R.  Photo is at Calder Park.  Later sold it and bought the blue SSS - Phillip Island with Monash Uni car club circa 1991.

Quality mullet.

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

2 hours ago, DJM said:

You asked for it.......

Beige car was 1988, first car.  Circle work in the Otways with my brother in his SSS.  Went to Bonnie Doon with mates a few days later and rolled it, a week after getting my licence.  Bought the red car for $500 and transferred all the bits across.  That's the one that was in FF&R.  Photo is at Calder Park.  Later sold it and bought the blue SSS - Phillip Island with Monash Uni car club circa 1991.

Quality mullet.

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

You want quality mullet it was a standard issue accessory in the 80s. Mine in 89

063BDDBC-956D-4AB1-B9B3-9B64B332382C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...