Goodwood Revival 2024

LeeM

2 hours ago, reedminor said:

I went this year , and I reckon it’s the pick of the 3 now... It is what the revival used to be

Hi JR.  so just checking - you suggest the members meet is the go, I’m thinking of heading to one in 2025?

I went a couple of times when living in the UK...it's a great event with one big caveat...the weather is very risky at that time of year. Indeed, both times I went the weather was atrocious. One year it was so wet and cold it snowed and was utterly miserable..... I went home. So just be prepared that it is more likely to be crap weather than it is to be good.

9 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Hi JR.  so just checking - you suggest the members meet is the go, I’m thinking of heading to one in 2025?

Never been meself, yet have watched both the Revival and Members Meeting for a few years via live streaming. Although the Revival is a celebration of nostalgia etc, my personal choice would be the Members Meeting, as it seems to have a better (bigger?) variation of classes, and more like a full on historic race meeting

On 15/09/2024 at 00:13, mc968cs said:

Yes

It’s  in April. And yes the weather can be hit or miss but I was in luck this year.

No snow or sleet, or even rain. The same can’t be said for the Revival this year, particularly on the Friday.

The Revival now seems to be a victim of its own success. I found the Members meeting to be every bit as good as previous revivals I’ve been to , but without the crowds and the true enthusiasts only.

Justin