Show us your Carrera 3.0

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Another talbot yellow...(would love to get some shots of both of ours together at some point Ben)

I recon I will be down for a drive of your cars in the not to distant future Gav, if the weather is right I will bring her down.

• 10 months later...

I haven't finished reading the entire article yet but thought I would share with the C3.o fans.

The Carrera 3.0 is one of the least appreciated of all ‘impact bumper’ Porsches, yet it paved the way for the hugely popular 911SC and the much vaunted Carrera 3.2. Maybe it’s time to take another look, particularly with prices on the march.

d1092dcb6158c3fcc8ced99bb0c7f775_L.jpg

https://drive-my.com/en/retro-carss/item/2190-tech-buyers-guide-porsche-911-carrera-3-0.html

Porsche-911-Carrera-30-1.jpg

This was for sale some time ago... it's not Aussie.  But how lovely is it???  Link to car here, lots more pics

IMG_91951.jpg

The advert quotes the following stats, not sure how accurate

The Carrera 3.0 is one of the coming stars. With  very limited production numbers and the short period of manufacturing these cars will increase considerably in price. The fact is that the Carrera 3.0 was  only delivered for the European market.  This car was produced 28-10-1975 . The number of  Targas’s   produced  for model year 1976   are  479 and 646 pcs  for model year  1977. A good investment.

IMG_92021.jpg

IMG_91991.jpg

IMG_92121.jpg

I would have this.

9430736-6_zpsacsh5qib.jpg

Unique, this Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 Works Turbo Look !! Specially built for one of the largest Porsche dealers in Germany at that time, Glöckler Frankfurt. The code for this extension was described by Porsche as Nr 451. This is, of course, certified with the original "Porsche Zertifikat". The 911 Targa Carrera 3.0 is already without this expansion quite rare, and through this factory expansion an absolute "One-off"! The so-called "Werks Turbo Look" versions started by Porsche in 1984 in their program. This WTL is from 1977, and was possibly the inspiration for the later production WTL.

http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/en_EN/autobedrijf/collectie/9430736/details.html

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine...1977 Carrera 3.0. Australian delivered and matching numbers. First delivered to a Mr John Laws of radio 2UE, Sydney  :D

Is that you mr Royce? Doesn't have a tartan interior by chance....

• 3 months later...

Archived