So, what's your fuel consumption like?

SM911

I was just reading about the 'Engine of the Year' being the 2.7 litre. 'Cool', I thought, mine's an old school 2.7. Then I read about its excellent fuel consumption and realised that I couldn't relate to that aspect...

My car has an 82 litre tank, and I generally get around 400km to a tank (city driving) and a shade under 500km in country driving.

That works out to a frightening 16 litres per 100km (give or take)...

Anyone else have similar consumption?

(And yes I do drive it properly! With foot down regularly, but nothing stupid).

With the Weber's I would get just over 800klms on an open road. Around town ~550. Driven how it should be driven.

While I care little for how much fuel it uses it is very good data to know when planning trips to the track or weekend runs. It will be interesting how the turbo/efi is. I know it won't be any better lol.

My phone app (Android) says that my average consumption for the last 12 months is 8.61 L/100km.  That's from a 2.7 Litre Boxster.  Best so far is 7.05 L/100km and worst is 9.87 L/100km (fanging around Eastern Creek).

I recently did a cruise down the Hume Motorway on cruise control set at 105kms and after some 200 kms, the computer was reading a consumption of 6.6 L/100kms.  I have no doubt that I could get from Sydney to Melbourne on one tank!

yeah I have to agree I don't really care about fuel consumption either. I love the car so much that when the needle gets to R I just put more in lol

When I drove back from Geelong I stopped a lot for fuel (but had a clogged fuel filter and air filter) so it'll be interesting to see what it's like on the drive to Uncle's

i've gotten the GT3 down to 7L/100km average before on highway trips.. just find it funny when people say sportscars aren't environmentally friendly as they drive around in their crossover/faux suv's haha.

though when the end of the highway trip ends in mountain roads i can't say my trip average fuel consumption is that low LOL

I don't really care about fuel consumption either. I love the car so much that when the needle gets to R I just put more in lol

Absolutely RussR....I'm not fanatical about fuel usage either, I just keep track of it on my "mileage" application to see whether there are any wild variances between tanks which are not explained by driving style.  It also keeps track of my annual spend.  I don't go running around looking for the cheapest fuel either.  If it needs a feed, I plug it in.  Simples!!!

Also agree with Clutch-Monkey, public perception is that my Boxster must be fuel hungry, however, it's more economical than their cars.  Best to keep it a secret eh?

Anyway, the thread is about "what's your fuel consumption". 

It's something I have been monitoring but I don't drive it economically. From the last two tanks I clocked up between 530km and 550km each time so around 13l/100km.

I'm getting similar consumption in my 3.0 SC. Thats for both highway cruise and twisty, low gear stuff. It doesn't seem to make much difference.

The fuel gauge is not reliable so I need to monitor the km's so I dont get caught empty. Range on a full tank is about 600km, I like to fill by about 500 to be safe.

Im not sure of figures but my fuel consumption is only slightly better than my oil consumption :D My 6.1L Hemi on the other hand averages about 16.9L/100 in a Jeep weighing about 2 tonnes so your getting up there for a 2.7!

Dont understand these funny numbers, mean nothing to me.  I want to know how far I can go per litre or in real numbers miles per gallon.  Yes, I am showing my age.

Oh and I get 25 to 27 miles per gallon........the mechanic said  "you're not driving it hard enough !"

Bit hard on the New England goat track

So Caver why is your cruise control set at 105? 5 under or 5 over?

It was 5 over on the M2/M7 and I just left it there when I hit the Hume Highway as I wasn't in a hurry and I wanted to see what the mileage would do.

I get roughly 12-16 liters per 100 highway.

And about 19-22 per 100 town

Worst I've had was 28.9 when had family in car...

Cayenne turbo

100litre tank, see about 400-500 kms per tank max

But wouldn't have it any other way when I put my foot down.

Archived