Chatroom???

Yeah, seems to be blocked here at work.  The page opens but the conversations are not visible.  I logged in via my mobile phone and that was fine.  Got to be some local internet settings here but I doubt that I can change them.

Now what am I going to do this afternoon????    :(

Haa-zah!

It wasn't my idea, someone at the recent NSW get-together suggested it (thanks, sorry about the short term.....) and I said I'd look into it.

It is currently restricted to 5 participants (for free), which is maybe why David might have had some difficulty (?) and I can add extra numbers if it looks like a good idea, which it probably does.  I'll get around to looking at that tonight...

Moderation? Yes Vas, interesting, not sure either, suck it and see I guess.

Kerry

Kerry it will be hard for the mods to follow everything.

Lets hope people can self moderate.

I note the page only goes back so far, about fifteen minutes.

Do you or the mods have the ability to go back hours or a day if needed to moderate ?

Vas, I'm a glass half full sort of guy, I seriously hope that there will be no need for moderation in the chatroom, but we clearly can't keep an eye on it so it will need to be self moderated, but have faith Vas, it'll be fine!

;)

Kerry

Vas, I'm a glass half full sort of guy, I seriously hope that there will be no need for moderation in the chatroom, but we clearly can't keep an eye on it so it will need to be self moderated, but have faith Vas, it'll be fine!

;)

Kerry

hehe thats what Nepoleon said.  :lol:

Not working for me either (firefox or IE).

Maybe Kerry is playing with it.

Fatal error: Call to a member function chatRoom() on a non-object in /home/porschef/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ipchat/modules_public/ipschat/chat.php on line 480

Don't blame me Ben!!!

I just logged in straight away, in Firefox on lappie, Safari on iPad... no dramas. I'll keep an eye out, and when I increase the member usage potential I'll get them to have a look under the bonnet as well.

Kerry

Sorry Kerry I thought you might have been playing. As you aren't I have looked a little closer. Chat is only working in the "Porsche Forum Australia" theme and not the other two.

For those who don't know what I am talking about scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Change Theme". Select "Porsche Forum Australia" and it will reload the page. Then click chat and as long as there are not 5 in there already it does work.

I view the forum in the PorscheForum theme as I find it easier to read. I paid for 27inches I might as well use it all. ;)

Cheers

Archived