Woolworths does car insurance...

Yeah i didn't know this. So i tried to get an online quote. This is what happend:

Porsche '86 944 T

gave full name & DOB.  21 years of age..

All the other questions. No accident history. No fines, ect. 

I got to the part where they ask about my car.

does it have any modifications? Yes

Any of the following? Yes (basically a list of pretty much any mod you can do to a car except wheels.) 

- Sorry we cannot insure your car

Okay so i click no on both. My car is now standard..

filled out the rest of the form. 10 min later it tells me i have to be 35 or older to be allegeable for them to insure me. 

Did you try a little red quote? Or ahhhhhh-liance?

I tried an experiment with YOUI...who, according to their advertising, "we get you".  I told them that my car is driven only on weekends and that I catch the train to work.  Their quote was $250 dearer than my existing policy with A.A.M.I., who, by the way, don't give a rats whether I drive to work or not.  So they apparently didn't "get me".

Progressive's advertising promises that "you will save".  No conditions...you will save....until you ask them to quote.  They don't insure Porsches....so I'm definitely saving there....since I'm not paying them anything.

Since we're talking insurance, does anyone else think the creepy guy from Budget is a little too old for the French girl?  They've got to be getting it on....you see them in the bathroom together.  Boo-jay, boo-jay...!!!

I tried a bunch of them when i got the Porsche when i was 17. But i just saw the add on top of a forum on a banner. I thought i was funny because Woolworths is a food company. It was advertised as Woolworths, not "Woolworths Limited"  

I'm under my parents insurance under my own name. Not sure how it works though. I think it's GIO. 

That French girl could be mail ordered? 

I tried an experiment with YOUI...who, according to their advertising, "we get you".  I told them that my car is driven only on weekends and that I catch the train to work.  Their quote was $250 dearer than my existing policy with A.A.M.I., who, by the way, don't give a rats whether I drive to work or not.  So they apparently didn't "get me".

Progressive's advertising promises that "you will save".  No conditions...you will save....until you ask them to quote.  They don't insure Porsches....so I'm definitely saving there....since I'm not paying them anything.

Since we're talking insurance, does anyone else think the creepy guy from Budget is a little too old for the French girl?  They've got to be getting it on....you see them in the bathroom together.  Boo-jay, boo-jay...!!!

AAMI does not give you a choice of repairer.

Who does Jim???

Tis true they don't let you choose repairer. Others do.   When my SLK got hit and the note was left by a witness. I went to see my local Panel Beater. He knew exactly how to handle AAMI and the way to get around their BS.  The guy that hit the car phoned AAMI ( he was also insured with them) to file the claim and they kept telling him I had to do it, even tho he hit me.  Reason they wanted me to do it was then they could force me to go and use their repairers only, ie do it on the cheap. My Panel Beater was very experienced in dealign with AAMI which meant that he was able to get the guy that hit me log the claim and he knew once that happened that AAMI would send out a inspector to look at the damage.  These inspectors are more lax in what they approve when the owner of the damaged vehicle is not at fault.

I got a brand new front bumper fitted and painted with the correct MB paint.  I can say now, that would never have happened and nor would I have been able to choose my repairer had I gone anywhere else.  Really pays to go to the right repairer when you have policies with companies ilke AAMI.

I was unemployed for a couple of months in late 2011 (due to 'redundancy') and for the first time in about 30 years had to buy my own car. I rang YOUI and went through the 15 minute question and answer session only to be told at the end that they wouldn't insure me due to unemployment. Car was valued at about $10,000 and I had money in the bank with which I offered to pay the whole years insurance in one hit, none of this pay by the month crap. Same answer. Wan&ers!

Similar story when I was single a couple of years ago, got onto eHarmony and did a 20 minute Q&A session only to be told that as I was still married, even though long term separated, they wouldn't list my details on their dating site. As with car insurance, went elsewhere, happy with the results   ;)   

I tried an experiment with YOUI...who, according to their advertising, "we get you". I told them that my car is driven only on weekends and that I catch the train to work. Their quote was $250 dearer than my existing policy with A.A.M.I., who, by the way, don't give a rats whether I drive to work or not. So they apparently didn't "get me".

Progressive's advertising promises that "you will save". No conditions...you will save....until you ask them to quote. They don't insure Porsches....so I'm definitely saving there....since I'm not paying them anything.

Since we're talking insurance, does anyone else think the creepy guy from Budget is a little too old for the French girl? They've got to be getting it on....you see them in the bathroom together. Boo-jay, boo-jay...!!!

Hang in there Cavey. You'll get your big break and star in an insurance ad. one day.

Hang in there Cavey. You'll get your big break and star in an insurance ad. one day.

Do I get an exotic European counterpart???  Budget Luv!  C'est encroyable n'est pas?

I'm with Allianz for all my insurances, including my work van

As a sole trader/contractor, I had to claim disability insurance for my operation in January.

A week after I lodged the claim, the assessor came to see me personally (to see if I was doing a dodgy I spose) and 10 days later I had 4 weeks wages paid into my account.

With a lot of other companies, there is a 90 day waiting period before you can claim. Allianz is 14 days, and they back pay you to the date of injury, not lodgement date. They even paid our mortgage for 4 months ontop of that. All this for about $12 per week

I can't speak highly enough of Allianz in my experience over the past 2 years

• 3 weeks later...

i just did the Woolworths online quote for the fun of it.

What a pity...............they don't do '95 911s..................and they advised me at the end of the whole application process!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but

I'm shopping for insurance at the moment for a 997 I am interested in, seems many places don't even touch Porsches, and RACV at the moment seems to be my best quote at around $1100 premium with $2K excess.

Does this sound reasonable?

I'll be trying out the other recommendations here, but so far AAMI doesn't seem to do Porsche's anymore.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but

I'll be trying out the other recommendations here, but so far AAMI doesn't seem to do Porsche's anymore.

Porsches are not on the AAMI website...you'll have to ring them.  My Boxster is still with them, plus the Forester.

Archived