Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I have been watching this 993 4S for a while now.  The price has just dropped from $197,000 to $184,500.  Looks like a nice car and I love this colour. on a 993.  What is a fair price for this car?  The guy is open to (reasonable) offers.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-3930110?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

Edited by Lucky Phil

I have been watching this 993 4S for a while now.  The price has just dropped from $197,000 to $184,500.  Looks like a nice car and I love this colour. on a 993.  What is a fair price for this car?  The guy is open to (reasonable) offers.

I would have thought around 2 thirds of what he is asking...

Thats been for sale for “forever” . I’m sure he’s had some offers he’d wished he’d taken. I thought it was previously in the mid $250K?

I think I remember  it starting at 250 too, easily 2 years on the market. Sweet looking car 

Probably priced it in comparison with this one that's been on the market about 2 years , started at 275k and still dreaming, unless he drops 100+ off of it he'll be taking it to the grave

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kallaroo/cars-vans-utes/porsche-993-4s-911-p-o-r-s-c-h-e/1162929526

GT4's what's the go? There's 11 GT4's ranging from 500ks to 6000ks on Carsales . How many delivered to Aust? Nearly all probably thought a quick flip and 20, 30 or 40k profit (and nothing wrong with that!) but seems a year on that it's not working like that. I'm sure a buy it now price across the board would certainly be around 180, 190 to 210k depending on the seller/dealer/situation.... pretty good buying if you want one to enjoy thoroughly and hold through the depreciation for about 10 years or so and come out about even (well sorta even ) BUT and there's a big BUT...

Jumping on the Sleazius Rennlist link, I only read a random page -11, and this is what I saw re the blown 3rd gear issue. Seems like a BIG issue under even mild use on a track a few times or would replicate to a few or more spirited weekends around the hills -- hmmmm not good --

meh, small BUT.  great car, under warranty for a while yet, not planning to track It so I am happy to take my chances.  I wouldn't consider a few drives in the hills equivalent to track driving - nowhere near the same loads applied to various components, especially if driven hard on track.

I am doing PSDS drive day at Phillip Island next month.  It's got 6 gears so what if I lose one ? If you spend your life making buying decisions based on forums, you'll never buy a thing.

my understanding is initially 70 were to be delivered but the final number was more like 100.  I bought one in August, very happy with it.  In fact it might be a keeper....

Edited by DJM

meh, small BUT.  great car, under warranty for a while yet, not planning to track It so I am happy to take my chances.  I wouldn't consider a few drives in the hills equivalent to track drive ng - nowhere near the same loads applied to adios components, especially if driven hardon track.  I am doing PSDS drive day at Phillip Island next month.  It's got 6 gears so what if I lose one ? If you spend your life making buying decisions based on forums, you'll never buy a thing.

my understanding is initially 70 were to be delivered but the final number was more like 100.  I bought one in August, very happy with it.  In fact it might be a keeper....

"It's got 6 gears so what if I lose one ?"

Hahah I like that, good one. In the video link the guy is hardly giving it to it, Looks like a casual trackday wearing his racing shorts. Maybe he thrashed it for 6 or 7 laps prior who knows . I referred to  "spirited " drives through the hills as a comparison. The sentence that disturbed me was the reference to 5 gt4's blowing at that track in that weekend alone. Wish I had one. maybe next car!

meh, small BUT.  great car, under warranty for a while yet, not planning to track It so I am happy to take my chances.  I wouldn't consider a few drives in the hills equivalent to track driving - nowhere near the same loads applied to various components, especially if driven hard on track. 

I say just maintain the warranty and drive care free  - the warranty can ride out to 9 years from new and it’s not crazy expensive. If something’s going to go bang it’s going to happen in 9years of driving...

I say just maintain the warranty and drive care free  - the warranty can ride out to 9 years from new and it’s not crazy expensive. If something’s going to go bang it’s going to happen in 9years of driving...

Yes agree mine is due December.  I am taking the two year extension for a $300 discount.  Still hurts though forking out $2700.  I almost hope something breaks to justify the cost. Peace of mind sucks sometimes.

Yes agree mine is due December.  I am taking the two year extension for a $300 discount.  Still hurts though forking out $2700.  I almost hope something breaks to justify the cost. Peace of mind sucks sometimes.

peace of mind pays off. Was selling my 997TT last year. Buyer gets a PPI and we find out the steering column is buggered (I blame @edgy ). I had literally renewed the warranty 3 weeks before. Was over $10k fix all covered under warranty and Seller not scared off 

peace of mind pays off. Was selling my 997TT last year. Buyer gets a PPI and we find out the steering column is buggered (I blame @edgy ). I had literally renewed the warranty 3 weeks before. Was over $10k fix all covered under warranty and Seller not scared off 

Totally agree - they appear to be reasonable also, especially if you are servicing the car where it was bought. The warranty typically doesn't cover trim but they fixed a couple of things for me and swept it into the warranty. Gear Box or Engine issues would = massive moola

Wow so according to Jeff he was asking twice as much as its worth, if Jeff's $122,000 suggestion is a true indication.  Looks like another 2 years it will stay on Carsales.

I am just guessing of course. But for me, I would not pay anywhere close to turbo money for a 4S. Realistically would it's real value be somewhere around the $150k mark?

For what it’s worth I extended the warranty on my 2012 carrera s with PCSS & it was $2k, albeit that was 2015.

Seems expensive when you don't use it. But I suppose we should consider it like car insurance -  the day you need  it seems like a bargain!  I wish my GT2 was under warranty when it went BANG.  It cost about 30 years worth of warranty.....in that case I was lucky to be saved by market forces.

this one is back on the market again, just different photos plus $20K https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-5045298/?Cr=0tHIS