Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Underneath all that  yellow paint, fibreglass and aftermarket upholstery is a nice honest SC trying to break free.

Unfortunately for the vendor,  I think it's buried a little deeper than on the other two yellow  SC's on the market for 25k atm. In my quest for a half decent 911 for ~$30k I've pondered this one a few times,   'feels' like the honest SC is closer to the surface.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-2581542/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

Unfortunately for the vendor,  I think it's buried a little deeper than on the other two yellow  SC's on the market for 25k atm. In my quest for a half decent 911 for ~$30k I've pondered this one a few times,   'feels' like the honest SC is closer to the surface.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-2581542/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

Stick at it, something will come up.

Is it me or that cheap blue 964's now being sold by hamiltons.

Where have you seen this?

I've been all over carsales and their website.

Will be annoyed if it was snapped up by a dealer for profit but also happy if I have another chance.

Where have you seen this?

I've been all over carsales and their website.

Will be annoyed if it was snapped up by a dealer for profit but also happy if I have another chance.

Look on their face book page.

2011 Panamera for $112k - wonder if these babies are the new age 928's in terms of rapid depreciation......

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Panamera-2011/SSE-AD-2928707

Btw - award winning photos on this ad

I think you're right, but unlike a 928, these look simply terrible. Supposedly the Turbo is amazing to drive (I've never driven one) but I seriously couldn't get past the look of these things, and I imagine I'm not alone in that feeling.

I always imagine that the edict to build this thing was 'make it look like a 911, but with usable seats' thus creating the unholy monster that is the Panamera (apologies to any owners). I guess it filled the niche of a 4 (adult) seat sports coupe.

What was a 2011MY Panamicra worth new?

They're 50-60k now in the USA.

193k + onroads according to redbook.

I don't mind the Panamera in an awkward kind of way.  It's not as well resolved as the 4 door Aston, and it's clearly no 911, but it's better than a plain-jane 4 door.

I wonder if it will turn out to be a maintenance nightmare or an under stressed uber-wagon that can give relatively trouble-free 200km+ lifespans?

If you could get an 8 year old one with 100k on it for ~ $30 - $40k you'd have to start thinking about it.  That's about the price drop for an S-Class or 7 Series of that age.

Oooh yum, love this colour on a 964. Was this car for sale recently, or discussed here previously? I must have missed it. Does anyone have any details on it? (Year, mileage etc)

It is a 130,000km HongKong car and was originally listed privately on carsales at $48,500...

I quite liked it at that money...not so much at $65K+....!

If they're $40k at 8 years old and have no issues you'll be lucky to find one. Pig dog or not it is still a p-car.

Easy to pick up a Cayenne for around $30k and the number for sale is huge.  Non-sports Porsches seem to depreciate like any other luxury vehicle.  I don't think the Cayenne or the Panamera will follow the typical path of the 911 or even the 928.   The badge doesn't have that much cachet compared to a Benz of similar vintage and quality.

With a 110klm speed limit in Soviet Australia I just don't see the point of them. If you have a meeting 4 people need to be at any distance away you fly. You don't sit on 110kph for 9 hours...

The point of them was that people in China have become rich.  They also did it at such speed that they didn't learn how to drive.  Like all other issues in China, they just throw men at the problem.  So you get a driver and sit in the back.

I despair at the speed limits.  I recently read an article written by a Michigan police officer where they were trying to set the speed limits on roads to match the prevailing traffic flow, because most people drive to the conditions rather than the posted limit (they don't have concealed cameras).  The evidence seems to point that road design dictates the traffic speed and that limtis should be set based on what most people travel at.  This has a better effect on safety as those who stick to the limit are then more likely to drive at the speed of everyone else, decreasing traffic speed differentials.

People forget that absurdly low limits in the US were set for fuel consumption reasons, not safety.  Australia seems to have copied that and then State governments, unable to raise income taxes for pay for their follies, became addicted to fine revenue as a fill in, so are not prepared to even remotely enter into a conversation about speed limits.

But this is a rant that belongs not on the 'whats for sale thread'

I've been having a solid look at Cayenne's in the sub 40's over the last couple of weeks. It's time for the wifes BMW to move on and a Cayenne with a tow bar would have no problem dragging a trailer around. This would allow me to sell my Hilux and get a normal car as a D.D

My wifes drive to work is 40klms of freeway and 2klms of regular steet traffic. Almost no stop and start. Little blokes daycare is 3 short streets from our house. I figured it would just chug along at 110 and get ok ltrs/100.

Her last car was a 400+RWHP XR6 turbo so fuel use is always going to be better than that lol.

Easy to pick up a Cayenne for around $30k and the number for sale is huge.  Non-sports Porsches seem to depreciate like any other luxury vehicle.  I don't think the Cayenne or the Panamera will follow the typical path of the 911 or even the 928.   The badge doesn't have that much cachet compared to a Benz of similar vintage and quality.

I think the difference being that the Cayenne sold in huge numbers here (for a Porsche) whereas the Panamera hasn't. Not doubting that it'll be a $40-50k proposition, just saying it'll be difficult to find one in the right condition.

I'd consider one as the family bus at that price in 2018, and I hate the look of them. Anyone who is ambivalent to the look and interested in p-cars would have to consider it as well you would think.

Full service history and complete engine rebuild 10k kms ago.  Seems to be in fine condition (from pics).

Looks like we have got to the point where no price is listed, and you have to contact for more info.

Interesting.  Could the situation turn into a private auction?

Look on their face book page.

Yeh better call them ASAP as a few have already sent them msgs. Expect to pay $65k+.

Oooh yum, love this colour on a 964. Was this car for sale recently, or discussed here previously? I must have missed it. Does anyone have any details on it? (Year, mileage etc)

10293681_710886772317839_255372997646132