Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Damn, didn't win Lotto last night, otherwise would be on the phone now for the RS. Nice looking bit of kit in my preferred colour.

Yeah me either :lol: shame, white/black accents looks unreal.. they always seem to be grey/red the 7.2 RS's 

Been for sale a while... not sure what gives either, price seems excessive! I might be missing something?

Yeah me either :lol: shame, white/black accents looks unreal.. they always seem to be grey/red the 7.2 RS's 

Been for sale a while... not sure what gives either, price seems excessive! I might be missing something?

...sporto...not fuchs...LHD conversion?

It's just too expensive for what it is I think.  No matter how rare, the car has got to look like something you want.

I know the Mahle wheels are rare and uber lightweight,  but to me they look like plastic wheel covers. I would definitely change them for period polished Fuchs , even if I didn't then stand out at the concours d'cleanlinesse.

PS would the turbo valve covers gain a black mark from the judges? Probably not as black as an oil leak though.

A lovely example of a 9PA S with very low miles.... tempting actually. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3098101&Cr=24 

When we were looking for a car for my wife, we were actively looking for a Cayenne, but couldn't find one with our requirements .... ended up buying a late model C class sedan.

This would be one that I would have definitely looked at if we were still in the market ..... although there are 1 or 2 things that I'm a little concerned about .....

If you zoom in on the picture of the speedo, it doesn't support anything to do with 24 k's .... the bottom 4 digits, I presume, are the trip meter and the top digits say 125 k's ......

Also, the audio controls are well worn .... not something I would expect from such a low k car ......

And last, but not least, the temperature display under the sat-nav appears to be faded in places ..... again, wouldn't expect that.

If it checks out, I'm happy to be proven wrong and it would be a great buy at that price with those k's ..... my wife has already said "lets sell the Merc" ..... yeah, no .....

I like the sellers honesty:

"It retains almost all its original parts and is very unmolested other than"

- having been repainted to Light Yellow.

- It was converted to RHD in Feb 2002

- It was delivered with Recaro Sports Seats which have since been removed

But finishes strong with:

"Despite being converted to RHD, I believe the price reflects very good value as a similar Australian delivered model in this condition would fetch well about $100K in the current market."

Agreed, and seems like a nice car, and a good buy for someone who wants to get into a long hood targa, avoiding the 'OMG it was originally shipped to Australia first' tax.

Whoever buys this is getting a bit of a bargain I think...

I followed his thread on the typ901 forum... definately a lovely car.

From what I have read, this has got to be as close to a fully rebuilt car that you can get, without the 6 figure price tag. 

Original colour I think, was aubergine, and whilst originality is important, this one was in too good condition to strip back; but I guess the next owner can consider doing that. 

I love this yellow.

When you view the photos from his photobucket feed, you can see how much has gone into it.

IMG_3950_zpsc37fe06b.jpg

IMG_4205_zpsb1eb2f9e.jpg

IMG_4234_zpse5a14151.jpg

IMG_4247_zps85d78ac1.jpg

IMG_4275_zpsc84586fd.jpg

IMG_4346_zps2e9002af.jpg

IMG_4376_zps15ea3e42.jpg