Concourse, what does it mean?

OZ930

Hi All,

I have searched for a definition, meaning or explanation of "Concourse" on PFA but have not found one.  

My understanding was "from the factory" but then this is "original".  Then from recent adverts the term original is somewhat blurred.

Thanks

Thanks Wasser for the clarification of spelling, I didn't check.

My main motivation was that we have a "Concours and Care" forum without a clear aim of what Concours is.

I had always thought that it was the originality of the car in combination with the best possible condition, but this seems to be wrong and I admit I didn't research it either. It was an assumption because of the "car shows" on TV showing all the classics in pristine condition.

As it turns out, it can be any "mongrel dog" (no offence intended), as long as it looks clean and tidy. So, all the hot rod shows are essentially concours events.

I am a little disappointed by this prospect.  :( I thought there was a whole group of enthusiasts out there that went to great pains to ensure originality.

Therefore, Concours dose NOT mean as original, and original is open to interpretation as well.

I'm learning.

Thanks Wasser for the clarification of spelling, I didn't check.

My main motivation was that we have a "Concours and Care" forum without a clear aim of what Concours is.

I had always thought that it was the originality of the car in combination with the best possible condition, but this seems to be wrong and I admit I didn't research it either. It was an assumption because of the "car shows" on TV showing all the classics in pristine condition.

As it turns out, it can be any "mongrel dog" (no offence intended), as long as it looks clean and tidy. So, all the hot rod shows are essentially concours events.

I am a little disappointed by this prospect.  :( I thought there was a whole group of enthusiasts out there that went to great pains to ensure originality.

Therefore, Concours dose NOT mean as original, and original is open to interpretation as well.

I'm learning.

I believe that there are different levels of Concours going off the results of the PCNSW event in October.

If you click on the link below you can enter your car into different categories from wash and polish to cars based on originality and everything in between. The link below also shows what they look for in each event.

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_nsw/pc_main.nsf/web/F86EB83D936CEEBAC1257BE10077EFD0

I believe that there are different levels of Concours going off the results of the PCNSW event in October.

If you click on the link below you can enter your car into different categories from wash and polish to cars based on originality and everything in between. The link below also shows what they look for in each event.

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_nsw/pc_main.nsf/web/F86EB83D936CEEBAC1257BE10077EFD0

That makes more sense, thank you SteveF

Concourse Type #1 = a cleaning competition. Anyone can judge.

Concourse Type #2 = an originality competition. Very few have the knowledge to judge.

Both are Very Safe competitions.

When you see '100 point' advertised on cars, that is in reference to be restored to original condition.

what does it mean?

It means hours, if not days, of cleaning, polishing, dust removal with cotton buds, picking grass out of the tyre treads, loosing knuckle skin on sharp bits under the bonnet, sleepless nights wondering if the sway bar grommets need armoral, etc etc. All for a $5 plastic cup if you win.

Yes, you are right

Who cares?

I only thought that there should be an explanation of what Concours is, the categories and how it is judged, for those who may be interested in how it all works, in the Concours section of the forum.

• 4 months later...

Its a glorified car show where you meet up with your mates and have a beer , dressed up nice and look at cool cars.

Meanwhile about 5 wankers who think they know evey thing about cars look at it for 2 hrs or so , and pick every little dam thing wrong with your car. Thats why it takes 2 hrs, hard to find things wrong with your nice ride.

If you have a screw you bought at bunnings to hold the ashtray in place , you dont get a trophy.

Then they give out trophys to their own mates who have bought their cars along.

Joking.... i know some here would take offemce , so please dont

Concours = too much money + too much time and probably no friends:)

My apologies to any cashed up time rich loners I may have offended.

Seriously, I always look at these cars and admire and appreciate the work that goes into them, but it's annoying to see them trailered to and from the shows, at least drive them there.

Concours = too much money + too much time and probably no friends:)

My apologies to any cashed up time rich loners I may have offended.

Seriously, I always look at these cars and admire and appreciate the work that goes into them, but it's annoying to see them trailered to and from the shows, at least drive them there.

What ??

….and get it dirty !!

PCNSW Concours has been moved this year to 31st August instead of its normal slot in October.

Not sure I will enter this year.. might just park up at Treffen area... if you do enter, leave at midday while they allow it :lol: 

Archived