964 wheel options

martin

After i posted a thread yesterday about getting my wheels refurbished it got me thinking.What options for different wheels do you have for the 964? i know most people put cup 1's on but i wondered if it was possible to fit older style fuchs wheels? or does it have to be the new fuchs rims? from memory i think the new ones are mega expensive and can only be bought via RSR in Melbourne.

I thought about the bbs rims i thought the lm range would look good and then get the car lowered,i dont know anyone with a set of fuchs i just thought they look the best on this shape of car.Thanks for the replies so far. 

I thought about the bbs rims i thought the lm range would look good and then get the car lowered,i dont know anyone with a set of fuchs i just thought they look the best on this shape of car.Thanks for the replies so far. 

you have many many options!

fikse, CCW, Work meisters, jongbloed, etc -

the offset for the 964 is quite high, not sure if fuchs would work very well as the lip would be much smaller than the fuchs on older model 911's.

I lust after CCWs and they are quite good value when you compare the multi piece rim market. LM20s won't fit though as they can't go to 5x130 pcd.

The 964 has quite high offsets which dampens your 'dish' options unfortunately. Go look up black Betty on rennlist to see proper BBS figment. So sweet.

Love the rotiforms on Brian's mint 964. Rotiform do a replica multi-piece Fuchs replica too that look quite nice!

• 8 months later...

I think tk111 has a set of cup 1 replicas for sale.

If his are sold, I also have a spare set.

I'd like to find a set of cup1's for my 964... I think they really suit the shape of the car. Let me know if you have some of know where i can get some

Mike.

Yes, I did see those a while ago.. but looking at the offsets of 15mm rear and 23mm front, doesnt that mean they wont work with 964?

The whole concept of offset and how it is measured confuses me.. but i got the impression they need to be 52-55mm to work on a 964...

Archived