Sticker replacement procedure.

Pauly

On the back of my (and every other) 944 i have a " =porsche= " sticker going right across the back. Removing it isn't a problem. Hairdryer and peal it off. but how do you remove the adhesive? 

I've tried the following with no luck:

De-Solv-It

Mentholated spirits 50/50 water

I have pure mentholated spirits i'll try to use

I have isopropyl too. 

I have some very aggressive flush used to clean UV inks but because it's aggressive, I probably wont try it.. 

Suggestions? 

Thanks!

i know with window tinting you use a heat gun to warm up the adhesive - and it comes off with the tinting. wonder if it's the same with a sticker?

I'd try isopropyl alcohol personally

Eucalyptus oil will defiantly get it off - used it a few times on glass.... works a treat.

Apply it liberally to a small rag & glide it over what you want removed.

Done! 

It was one of those things that i wanted to replace for a long time and use to bug me so bad!

Got home and tried WD40 on a spot. Didn't work. tried Isopropyl, worked okay.. had to use a bit so i didn't continue to use it. 

Went to autobarn and got some bug and tar removal. worked really well. 

So i pretty much warmed it up with a hairdryer, slowly removed it and left all the adhesive on the car. Sprayed it with B&T removal and let it soak like Jim said. scraped it off with a plastic knife. took a bit of elbow grease but it worked!

Theo, I was looking at that stuff in my book, if none of this worked. that was my next plan. 

Old

1176125_10151980905652561_865518665_n.jp

New

1536536_10151980905697561_1043088536_n.j

• 1 year later...

Archived