Polishes and Waxes: What brand do you use?

Chris-p

Hi Everyone,

I thought given it is that time of year when there is a fair bit of washing and polishing go on for whatever reason whether its for car shows like Fed Sq or Cruden Farm and the like. that it might be interesting to find out what brands of polishes etc that everyone uses. Well I will be interested anyways! :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

What brand are those cotton buds Andy?? :lol::lol:

Kerry: Was that OMO you used to get all that foam! :P:P:lol:

So I guess I will kick off and just add yours below:

Chris: Autoglym , Super Resin Polish, Ultra Deep Shine and Extra Gloss Protection.

Paul M: Autoglym and Mequiars

Andy: Mequiars Tech Wax

Kerry: Dishwashing liquid and a Steelo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you Chris, Autoglym wash, interior cleaners and above polishes. Maguires is also good, but more work.Better start thinking about getting ready for Cruden farm, but after 300k's I'll need my Maguires Quick detailer when we arrive.

Paul M

Hi Chris,

I have been using Maguires Tech Wax which has been pretty good. Haven't used Autoglym but hear it's very good. I'm not fussed about what brand of cotton buds to clean the air vents :huh:

See you soon, sun was out last weekend, roof off quick spin through chum creek rd etc bring on summer.

Good question Paul, is there anywhere we should all meet for a pre-Cruden Park scrub up on the Saturday?

How big is your backyard Chris? :P:D

I'd be happy to get together, maybe even with the aforementioned buffing machine, for an afternoon of cleaning and conversation....

Anyone?

Kerry

I will be sitting on a plane somewhere between Munich and Melbourne, so dont know how keen Ann would be to have a car wash party.... :blink::blink:

C

D'oh! I should have remembered that Chris!

I won't hijack your post, but maybe I'll make another post asking if anyone wants to get together on the Saturday. If we could find someone with an office/factory carpark etc, that be handy as well... but without you unfortunately oh spotless one! :(

Kerry

PS: are there any reasonable places to stay overnight or car washes near the meeting point??

Paul M

Paul,

The Comfort Inn Mahogany Park Motel (59968456) in Cranbourne is the closest and not to far from the meeting point, there are also car washs handy to the Motel.

Regs, Peter.

Well here we go….

Car Washing : Have used Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo for many years with great success.

Drying : Only use Micro fibre cloths. Several options and not limited to : PakShak (USA) or Final inspection (sourced locally). Final Inspection seems to have better absorption rates.

Clay : Clay magic blue (fine) & lub.

Paint correction : Lots of options within the Menzerna range of products. Actual product depends on the amount of correction required. Min is a 2 step correction Eg.

1. PO 203S with SFX pad & RO polisher

2. PO 106FF with SFX pad & RO polisher

Sealing : Final Inspection – Seal Reg. 3 to 5 days cure time depending on temperature.

Waxing : (Optional) depending on colour. Mostly use SwissVax Onyx

Tyres : Poorboys.

Wheels : (Clear coated) PO 106FF & Final Inspection Seal Reg.

RO : Makita BO6040 or Festool Rotex 150.

Cheers

Mark

Good on you Mark,

Gee that's a really detailed list. Some of those I have never heard of, do you buy them all locally or OS. I did find a couple of web sites which seem to have a good range. Wax it in tullamarine and Carcareproducts.com.au

Cheers

Chris

Good on you Mark,

Gee that's a really detailed list. Some of those I have never heard of, do you buy them all locally or OS. I did find a couple of web sites which seem to have a good range. Wax it in tullamarine and Carcareproducts.com.au

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Source products both locally & OS. Here's a few links:

SFX pads...I have about 20 odd, so you can try a few prior to purchasing any.

SFX Pads

Micro fibre cloths

Micro fibre @ Pakshak

Final Inspection ....Highly recommend the drying towels here & the Gloss Boost (great for removing light dust. ie Car sitting in the garage for a week or two)

Gloss Boost

Can source Menzerna from several locations...Waxit, Final Inspection, etc.

Poorboys (tires)

Info on RO polishing machine (Porter Cable...non-forced, this was my first RO, but Mak & Festool much better)

Info on polishing machine

Prior to applying any sealer I always wipe the paint down with Pure Isopropyl Alcohol & Water (50/50 mix). This ensures the sealer will bond to the paint. The Iso can be soucred from Dick Smith's. Applying the sealer & wax is the easy part. It’s the paint correction (removing scratches, blemishes, and polishing) which is the time consuming part.

Always happy to help any Porsche enthusiast/s.

Hi Mark

Thanks for all the information and links that's really helpful and highly informative.

I said to ann I know what she can buy me for Christmas now!

Will definitely pop down once I get back from my trip to Germany, so early dec now :blink:

Did you manage to keep the same mobile number? If not send me a text with your new one.

Don't forget if you are up the city way tomorrow we will be in fed square in the atrium off flinders st tomorrow from10.30 to2.30

Cheers

C

Hi Mark

Thanks for all the information and links that's really helpful and highly informative.

I said to ann I know what she can buy me for Christmas now!

Will definitely pop down once I get back from my trip to Germany, so early dec now :blink:

Did you manage to keep the same mobile number? If not send me a text with your new one.

Don't forget if you are up the city way tomorrow we will be in fed square in the atrium off flinders st tomorrow from10.30 to2.30

Cheers

C

Hi Chris, Using two cell phones for the moment. Number you have should be OK....weather looking a little wet for fed square.

Remember to pre-book your Porsche factory tour (Zuffenhausen). Can be booked via PCM.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hello,

My first post here, hope I've got it right.

I'm wondering whether anyone is using Zymol (Zymöl) products? I had my car detailed and they used Zymol products, the finish was exceptional - but now I am stuck with the dilemma - I can't afford to take my car for a detail every month, so where can I buy the products myself here in Australia?

If anyone can help that would be great. I am in Melbourne.

Thanks

Monty H

• 4 months later...

Hello,

My first post here, hope I've got it right.

I'm wondering whether anyone is using Zymol (Zymöl) products? I had my car detailed and they used Zymol products, the finish was exceptional - but now I am stuck with the dilemma - I can't afford to take my car for a detail every month, so where can I buy the products myself here in Australia?

If anyone can help that would be great. I am in Melbourne.

Thanks

Monty H

• 2 months later...

Two buckets with dirt guards

Two lambs wool wash mits

Zaino show car wash

Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer

Dura gloss 951 Aquawax

Two micro fibre cloths

Zaino Z16 tire gloss

Poly glaze Leather care

Armor All glass cleaner

Vaseline (once a year on rubber)

You cant buy the Zaino products in the shops.

Its not cheap, but I think its the best.

http://www.zainobros.com.au/category1_2.htm

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I mostly use P21S on mine, wash, paint cleaner and wax. Zaino for any leather and also for the tyres. I have autoglym glass polish and meguiars plastic polish. Also use a fair bit of poorboys products mostly on my wifes car. Wolfgang is awesome for the interior. Can also vouch for blue magic clay bar and I use a random orbital buffer that makes life much easier when you detail like I do.  Most of my stuff can't be bought in stores I get them from waxit, an Aussie store based in Vic.

Cheers.

I got some of these and they are 4 or 5 times bigger than the maguiars clay bar that comes in the clay bar kit and IMHO they worked better. I used them with the maguiars quick detailer and bloody hell the car is as soooooooooooothe as. If you haven`t used a clay bar its a lot like giving your paint a good scrub without hurting it 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290839287094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2723wt_939

I got some of these and they are 4 or 5 times bigger than the maguiars clay bar that comes in the clay bar kit and IMHO they worked better. I used them with the maguiars quick detailer and bloody hell the car is as soooooooooooothe as. If you haven`t used a clay bar its a lot like giving your paint a good scrub without hurting it 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290839287094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2723wt_939

Steve, they are a whole $3.52 each with free postage. 

Doesn't sound right?????????

Archived