What is your hobby?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Harold

Carl is Tactical krav Maga. I'm KMG/IKMF the head instructor is Eyal in Israel. Very different animals. Although I must say I'm more than a little disillusioned of late. Since we have moved to KMG from IKMF I've been smelling more than a little McDojo in the source.

We still see a direct line of new stuff from the IDF S/F guys but in an effort to grow they have relaxed the instructor quals. You used to have to be at least a G1 (aka Black belt) now if you want to pay the money and are a practitioner level 3 you can sit for the 4 week training/test.

/rant.

Martin, I teach our black belts on Mondays 7pm to 9pm at Hunters Hill. you are welcome to attend as my guest.

Martin, I teach our black belts on Mondays 7pm to 9pm at Hunters Hill. you are welcome to attend as my guest. Carl was a student of mine as was Adam Watt a world champion fighter. I fought for 5 years, held a title for 4. Am an old man now but still hop around a bit. Let me know if you can attend and I will PM you our address.

Harold where are you based as I'm in the area too... I however train Krav in Surry Hills.

Guest Harold

Harold where are you based as I'm in the area too... I however train Krav in Surry Hills.

So that is where Carl is teaching. Yes? I visited his class when he was teaching at the Uni. Carl has done a good job with Krav and he is a genuine guy. When he was young he had the most beautiful kicks you could ever see.

I used to have literally thousands of students but as I approached 60 I wound it down. Being on the cusp of 65 I am not sure how much longer I will keep kicking and punching.

www.kempojutsu.com

So that is where Carl is teaching. Yes? I visited his class when he was teaching at the Uni. Carl has done a good job with Krav and he is a genuine guy. When he was young he had the most beautiful kicks you could ever see.

I used to have literally thousands of students but as I approached 60 I wound it down. Being on the cusp of 65 I am not sure how much longer I will keep kicking and punching.

www.kempojutsu.com

I'm at the One Ron Engleman set up. So are you in the HH area?

I had to look up Krav Maga on Wikipedia to see what you were all talking about, wow. I feel sorry for anyone you catch messing with your Porsches!

(Mental note, don't mess with the NSW alliance!)

I had to look up Krav Maga on Wikipedia to see what you were all talking about, wow. I feel sorry for anyone you catch messing with your Porsches!

(Mental note, don't mess with the NSW alliance!)

Same.

Guest Harold

I teach in HH on Monday nights in a council hall.

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

Find and fix em ride em - commute on all the old bikes (150-200k a week) and do a bit of  long distance road and overland riding  - getting suckered into the world of AUDAX , but it is weirder than some of the 911 company I currently keep.

; head set was holding it all together - needed welding

Very cool amp research B2

^^^ holy sheet! I remember seeing one of those when they first came out and have never seen one since. How very cool.

This same guy had a San Andreas Mountain Cycle too! They seemed to be pretty cool at the time, especially considering I was 12 and riding a fully rigid GT outpost!

It is old skool cool - current rear shock is a RISSE unit (better) though have the orig amp oil dampened unit also - just need a new through shaft machined. Front end just rebuilt with a NOS kit. Though up till recently and even though AMP no longer do MTB gear they would rebuild their stuff

Legend has it that Horst welded the first 300 frames. This been one, with twin down tubes. They are whippet light for a full susp bike. They are also high maintenance front ends.

Whole lot of innovation shown here - Horst link rear end - among others - Time moved on

Girvin Whyte Noleen and others all had offerings. the B2 was a 5k bike in 1993

the B2 became the B5 then the party was over

B5.png

vitus 979 with period 600 sti hope hubs

023.jpg

1991 haro full XT  - orig except purple ano bars (Bikshop nicked and the xt shifters)

031.jpg

another bike, black '93 slingshot (like the one pictured - not mine) built grand rapids michigan. made MTB BMx Road and other stuff

slingshot.jpg

Triathlons, but training hours take a heavy toll on family and work and life, multiple Australian Ironman races, Hawaiian Ironman,

Ironman Germany, eventually switched to Mountain Bike racing and really enjoyed Enduros (6hr and 12hr) so figured 24hr must be better, but after a few of those I was back in the same relentless training regime.

So bikes are hanging on the wall at the moment and I'm just using the cyclocross bike to ride to and from work for about 200kms a week and putting in the same 30hrs a week in the shed restoring the '65.

5811_100836536598198_2584530_n_zps61f96a

Triathlons, but training hours take a heavy toll on family and work and life, multiple Australian Ironman races, Hawaiian Ironman,

Ironman Germany, eventually switched to Mountain Bike racing and really enjoyed Enduros (6hr and 12hr) so figured 24hr must be better, but after a few of those I was back in the same relentless training regime.

So bikes are hanging on the wall at the moment and I'm just using the cyclocross bike to ride to and from work for about 200kms a week and putting in the same 30hrs a week in the shed restoring the '65.

5811_100836536598198_2584530_n_zps61f96a

commitment

Chris the Mont 24 hr in Canberra was postponed due to poor weather. On again later this year so if you want a break from resto work..

PFA mont/Scott team!!!

commitment

Chris the Mont 24 hr in Canberra was postponed due to poor weather. On again later this year so if you want a break from resto work..

Cayman S my brother.

8066266295_d82e2ddec3_z.jpg

And for anticyclist peoples please note saddle height = 189cm mans.

IMG_3140_zps75c49323.jpg

Mate I absolute love the bike and nearly bought one however with 2 already in the garage it was not smiled upon by the minister of finance at home. If your ever selling let me know. Beautiful.[quote name="KGB"

Archived