SC Hot Rod on a budget?

TCR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul - Not meaning to stir the pot,

but you would be suprised how much cheaper (from around $25K all up) it would be to do a road/track 3lt 944S2/968 with same perfrmance !

Cheers,Mark.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have briefly spoken to Stan about his SC but never really got into discussions on price. Would have to be considerably cheaper than the 45K asking price though. However this silver SC at 30K ono appears to tick the "sound mechanicals" box, so might be ok if the body is sound. At that price it would leave a little in the bank for tinkering.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have briefly spoken to Stan about his SC but never really got into discussions on price. Would have to be considerably cheaper than the 45K asking price though. However this silver SC at 30K ono appears to tick the "sound mechanicals" box, so might be ok if the body is sound. At that price it would leave a little in the bank for tinkering.

looks like fun for sure.. nice price.

...... However this silver SC at 30K ono appears to tick the "sound mechanicals" box, so might be ok if the body is sound. At that price it would leave a little in the bank for tinkering.

If you are serious I'd suggest you don't drag your feet as I don't think it will last long at that price. PPI now!

Appreciate the suggestion 9fan but have my heart set on a 911.

Already contacted the owner via email yesterday Peter. He responded to some questions I had but also stated that he had someone looking at the car at that moment. Waiting to see if it's still available and then get some more detailed photos of the car before going any further.

Already contacted the owner via email yesterday Peter. He responded to some questions I had but also stated that he had someone looking at the car at that moment. Waiting to see if it's still available and then get some more detailed photos of the car before going any further.

if you are keen on the car enough to go to the PPI - don't dally - i can assure you there  ain't no queensberry rules, when it comes to buying 911's or 912's for that matter

on the other hand there wil be always another 'good car' on the market that ticks most of the boxes.

my 2 cents

Thanks Michael. No doubt the good ones get snapped up quickly, but I'm not about to take a gamble and commit to buying something that I'm not completely satisfied with. Might mean I miss a few cars, and perhaps I just need to be in the right place at the right time, but I'm not in a rush to get something right now.

As would a WRX or LS1 Commodore

Just a suggestion to Paul of another Porsche marque !   

This was the point I was trying to make :P

All good tho, don't take offence! 

• 1 month later...

Archived