3D printed parts -

michel

only the end game images not the printing of the part; though will be printing a couple more so will add them - as cool as it is additive manufacturing at this level can be like watching paint dry.

but ill let you play guess what the part is

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

oh, I know, I know!, pick me pick me!!

It's the replacement part for the one the PO dodged up out of copper pipe...

What was it called?

The hand actuated pulley thingy.....  Ahh I dont know :(

Hey Michel, there is a guy on these forums who has been looking for a part to complete his steering rack rebuild, maybe you can 3D print a casting mold and make one for the guy, it sure would put him out of his pain ;)

no seriously could you?

oh, I know, I know!, pick me pick me!!

It's the replacement part for the one the PO dodged up out of copper pipe...

What was it called?

The hand actuated pulley thingy.....  Ahh I dont know :(

Hey Michel, there is a guy on these forums who has been looking for a part to complete his steering rack rebuild, maybe you can 3D print a casting mold and make one for the guy, it sure would put him out of his pain ;)

no seriously could you?

TK you  are correct! its the thingy that the Previous Pillock  fabbed up using sml diam copper tube - points for doing it and to be honest probably what I would have done (just better) - but this pillock decided to 'print it' using ABS.

now i could have sent the file to china and they could have printed it in fancier plastic or titanium or wood or stem cells. :) - I think I will need to modify the file to beef up the end that captures the cable as it seems a bit flimsy and likely to shear off (maybe, maybe not), particularly if I stomp on the accelerator same time as I pull the manual throttle

with my rack issue - well it is all apart have ordered new bearings solved the mystery of the radial shaft seal, got new lock tabs coming from local loan shark (formerly known as the local OPC) and then I only need to find a source of shims???? any tips gents all the local bearing supply shops say nada?

• 2 weeks later...

I will sound like a broken record here however is anyone keen to print up one periscope style headlight washer?

The stone chip on mine is doing my head in.

Can't get it welded ?

I will sound like a broken record here however is anyone keen to print up one periscope style headlight washer?

It's not as easy 3D printing as it seems. You need to draw it up and make it look identical to the original part. 

Guest michel

How big is your printer? You can print intake manifolds!! 

amssubaruintakemaniproto05.jpg

the printer has a small print area -  you can section the item you want and then assemble post print (bit involved but feasible - a printer with the capacity to print the manifold would be in the 5 digit range.

send us a good part and will see if it is feasible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey I just received a grant from Melb Uni to go to London and study Human Anatomy for Artists using zBrush, a software app... Maybe I need to think about Spare Parts instead of Fine Art?! Probs a better chance of making some money out of it! LOL!

Hey I just received a grant from Melb Uni to go to London and study Human Anatomy for Artists using zBrush, a software app... Maybe I need to think about Spare Parts instead of Fine Art?! Probs a better chance of making some money out of it! LOL!

Oh I dunno.

Scamming a uni grant to fiddle some time in London with something you love doing can't be too bad a gig.

Let the plebs and great unwashed worry about making trivial things such a parts for cars.

Minnie Me

Do you get to choose what bits of what human to study? 

This is awesome! Congrats!

Archived