Invisible car bra. Can you see my bra?

hugh

So I finally had my car clear filmed today and I must say I am impressed with the finished result. I was somewhat confident that I would still be able to see some difference in the paint/gloss/finish where the film had been applied but it is, well as the company suggests - invisible!  :o  ;)

I had the front bumper, lower valance/spoiler, mirrors, lower rear valances and did a clear 'shark fin' in front of the rear wheels. It took him most of the day (8am - 2pm) as he had no template for this model 911. He measured the car up and created a template from scratch on site and printed the sheets to fit - it was a complete mobile office setup working out of the back of the van and setting up laptop and tables in the garage. Very cool set up and can highly recommend James, a good operator and nice to deal with! 

image1_zps77267594.jpeg

image_zps3fd3502c.jpeg

image2_zps5798e3ee.jpeg

image4_zps48b56564.jpeg

image3_zps6877c897.jpeg

Anyone looking to add some protection to the more prone stone chip areas should consider the stuff, will be sure to do it to my next DD as well! 

thanx Hugh!

He will at least have a template for your car now! I got his details for another member on here with a 996 turbo - its really impressive stuff. 

Is there a reason you didn't get the bonnet done? The bonnet and under the headlights seems to be where I suffer the most damage

I haven't had so much of an issue with the higher areas of the car, all of my previous 'patina' has been on the lower sections. Agree that the bonnet would be worth while though - especially now seeing how discrete the film is. 

I haven't had so much of an issue with the higher areas of the car, all of my previous 'patina' has been on the lower sections. Agree that the bonnet would be worth while though - especially now seeing how discrete the film is. 

I  would definitely get it done Hugh now that it is unmarked.

anyone care to disclose price range for this service?

For the front bumper, front lower valance, mirrors, rear lower valances and shark fin was near enough to $700. 

For the front bumper, front lower valance, mirrors, rear lower valances and shark fin was near enough to $700.

damn not cheap..

how does this stuff hold up to stones etc? does it get damaged and look all shitty?

damn not cheap..

how does this stuff hold up to stones etc? does it get damaged and look all shitty?

I was expecting it to be more to be honest. Not sure how it will wear but it cant be worse than the paint chipping and if it is it can be replaced. Being re-sprayed it is much more prone to chipping than the original paint. 

anyone care to disclose price range for this service?

I've had 3 cars done back to the windscreen, usually about $1,250. How does it work, bloody brilliantly! I have done 2 Targa Tasmania & 1 Targa High Country (Porsche Tour) in the current car & given the amount of gravel launched at the car over about 1500klms of high speed stages plus 10,000 klms touring the car has 3 marks in the skin but not through to the paint, by the way I have had the windscreen replaced due to the stone chips. Excellent product worth every cent IMHO.

Archived