Back in black.....

Not too badly. Using my excellent man mathematics, what I have made this year on the 993 Turbo has paid for the RSCS plus the GT2. Or put in more logical form, i was offered a trade on the GT2 that justified the purchase of the RS. If I hadn't been able to trade the GT2, it wouldn't have been a deal. Im absolutely certain of two things. Firstly the RS will only appreciate, and secondly the GT2 wont, so I think the gap was as close as it will ever be, and the Turbo has gained in value more than the difference. It was close to a straight swap, so its was a pretty simple deal in the end.

Awesome!

So in short, took a little hit on the GT2 knowing the RSCS "will" appreciate... good formula to me, gotta love man maths! :) 

Found a picture of my old red 993RS taken at Belmont Racecourse in 2007 I think. I believe the car now lives in Melbourne again, and has had all the Club Sport wings, race suspension, exhaust, and other rally/race bits taken off or out, and its back in Touring spec. Shame really because it was a fantastic car, well set up, at great expense. Anyone know where it is?

One of the best 911s of all time IMHO. My favourite.

These things were etched in my psyche after watching 3 brand new RSCS battling together in a fairly spirited way at a club track day at Mallala in 1995. I was working in Adelaide and used to drive out to Mallala in my VL LPG wagon on occasion to gawk at the fast cars and dream about owning something like that. They were Black, silver and white if I remember correctly. I cannot recall one other car that was there that day but have loved the RSCS ever since.

I'm trying to track down photos I took on the day (could be a stretch!) because one was black and with Simons car being SA delivered, maybe it could be Simons car.

Very very cool car and a great collectible. Would be amazing to own just an RSCS but to add this to a 993TT and 70s RS, wow what a choice to make every Sunday.

If you think my garage is good Ive got a mate with a GT1, a Carrera GT and two 73RS's. Not to mention his GT40 and AC Cobra 427.

Theres always someone who's got more stuff, but I am very very happy and grateful for what Ive got. Now if Ceva would just move the ruddy thing!!

CEVA have finally moved the wee black bestie. Its on its way across the Nullarbor, destined to be here Monday, not next Friday. At the risk of sounding like a stalker, I'll be waiting.....

Ah, well, actually getting my hands on it becomes a logistical exercise as it involves kennelling dogs, and transporting an ailing wife to the big smoke which is at least half a day gone. So, in theory, I should be able to post a photo or two tonight, but it all depends on how my wife is when the day starts, and whether CEVA hand it over as planned.

CEVA in their inimitable fashion, after promising to call me when the RS was ready for delivery, didn't call and dropped the car off to my mechanics at 8am this morning. A few quick calls following an sms with a photo from Richo letting me know it was there, and out the door we went at 9am for a bullet run to Perth with fellow 911 tragic Sean. 600 kms later, we found ourselves home at 6pm with the little black beastie safely tucked away.

What have I learnt? We have bonded. Light, sharp, and very bloody noisy this car. Be fine with a helmet on. Earplugs otherwise.

Revs nicely, but doesn't feel much like my other 993RS which is a surprise. Not sure why yet, but it feels lighter which of course it is.

Certainly handles well, and flies around bends. Very well set up.

Nothing I don't like, and several little things I will enjoy sorting out. Perfect.

Was thinking on the way home that, even though Porsche make faster cars, there aren't any I've driven that are more to my liking, except the other 993 in the shed. Pretty happy with that notion.

Im half deaf, knackered and happy. Its been a good Porsche year this one.

Heres some photos. Apologies for the quality. Been a long day.

The start, filling up with 100 octane.

70F61425-5AA4-409D-B936-AFAE2C5E9E81_zps

The finish, home 299.7 kilometres after filling up.

21A98C89-18DF-4020-B1DC-1F6FD76CCC14_zps

Even the dog got involved.

03885860-66A4-4EDD-829F-D9CD3D113319_zps

F3DA4F96-B990-4C24-8445-4BAB9CB4D5FB_zps

F97B4FD8-F48A-4E01-A5DD-C8838051719C_zps

6488000F-3613-4B69-B41E-8246BE8476F1_zps

Small world - didn't realise when I spoke to you last week that you were the ex-owner of the red 993TT I took photos of (one of which was posted in this thread) many years ago!

The RSCS looks amazing!!

Actually Jahn that was the red 993 RS I had. The red 993 Turbo I've still got, albeit I sold it and bought it back. Confusing isn't it?

What a machine! You must be as happy as a pig in mud 

Hadn't noticed but yes. Think its the perspective. Looks tiny, and I'm not 7 feet tall either.

They are really rather small cars. My old 2.7 took up less room in the garage than my Mazda 3

That's gorgeous Simon, congrats... I hope you keep it a long time! 

Not too long, others will be waiting to snap it up just like Simon did.

Congrats Simon, absolutely beautiful car. Hope you have lots of happy years with it.

Simon

All the best mate. Enjoy the black beauty as I did. She will reward you well. As she reaches "classic" status in the tarmacs she will be a force to contend with as was the case when first released. The car has had many wins over the years which I am sure you enjoy as well in the future. I will gather some memorabilia and a bit if a history. for you over the weekend and forward to you.

As you know I am very pleased with your intentions for the car. My wife can't understand why I would even say I was pleased it had gone to a good home, however I am sure you do!

Cheers

Knighty

Thanks Ian

I enjoyed our chat today, and appreciate the "passing of the baton", speedy baton it is.

We both know we are only custodians of these rather lovely machines, and I suspect we are both very good people to buy cars from because you have hardly scrimped on the black car to this point, and neither will I.

So, its out with the cleaning bits, and into it for me.

Ive made a list of little bits and bobs I need today, and made some headway with the engine bay, and as Wendy's Cayenne needs to go into Chellingworth's for its 40,000km service on Friday, I will get that order underway then.

Happy days.

Archived