• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

no.... she was on drugs...

Local guy called me, looked at it, drove it, put down a deposit.

Picked it up today.. 

Good bloke.. think he might join the forums soon. 

I've tripped across a car near you.. might be flying to Newcastle this Sunday!

That sold pretty quick, well done!

If you're thinking about venturing back into the air cooled world, i know of a white 911 Turbo that was involved in an accident with motorbike  that might be for sale, damage was not too bad apparently.

That's quite the sales pitch!

:P

...i know of a white 911 Turbo that was involved in an accident with motorbike  that might be for sale, damage was not too bad apparently.

So... what's the general consensus on a car having service books and manual etc...

For all the air-cooled guys and girls out there.. do you have them for your car?

Would you consider buying an aircooled 911 that didn't have any service books or records?

It isn't something that would normally bother me, but I don't like the idea of being stuck with something...and I get the feeling that especially for an Aus delivered car, it's better to have the book...

My opinion....

Yes, it is always better to have books, and yes great if you can get them....

Mine had NOTHING..... exept for an invoice that showed the air conditioning had just been regassed... (yay!)

Did that bother me? Not really....

It checked out ok and thats what really matters..

I've started saving all of my invoices to start a new file..

Remember, these cars are. +/- 30 years old and most of them will have been parted from their books......

So... what's the general consensus on a car having service books and manual etc...

For all the air-cooled guys and girls out there.. do you have them for your car?

Would you consider buying an aircooled 911 that didn't have any service books or records?

It isn't something that would normally bother me, but I don't like the idea of being stuck with something...and I get the feeling that especially for an Aus delivered car, it's better to have the book...

I have books and receipts going back to 1981. Are they all there? Haven't sorted it through yet. I do know the names of the prior owners, how long they owned it for and roughly how long each owned and drove it for.

Books are just another aspect to weigh up, like a non-original color or engine. I'd buy a good car without books. Original cars with books and history are like-for-like are a bit more sought after than those without. But there are no like-for-like cars out there, by now, they are all a little bit different.

I doubt you will ever get stuck with a good oz delivered car.

All original books and close to $40k worth of receipts, given the condition of the car when i bought it the history was what clinched the sale.

...and you're adding to that pile of receipts as we speak - right  :D

Archived