UPDATE 5/8 - SOLD :)

Decided to put the Cayman S on the market.

There is not a cent to spend on this car.. major service just completed at Porsche Brisbane, new Michelin Pilot Sports all around.

Carnewal exhaust sounds unbelievable (nice and growly)

New rotors, pads and sensors all around.

37000kms

tiptronic.... don't knock it till you try it.. surprisingly good!

short vid of exhaust note..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQCgQmNhI1E

Please forward this to anyone that you know who may be interested.

Thanks, Mike. 0418 316 203

Link to carsales link...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2006/SSE-AD-2711791/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

DSC02173_zpsaffba069.jpgDSC02165_zps8a7ef342.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the sale, look forward to seeing what you replace it with.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it's another air cooled!

Quote:

Why buy an old 911 which will leak oil, have no aircon, no power steering, will cost thousands each year to maintain, probably needs a rebuild, etc etc etc

For the same amount of money, you can have a Porsche that is light years ahead!

The Cayman S will outperform any older 911... compare performance figures online.

Mike,

Good luck with the sale!

Regards

Peter

Quote:Why buy an old 911 which will leak oil, have no aircon, no power steering, will cost thousands each year to maintain, probably needs a rebuild, etc etc etc

The Cayman S will outperform any older 911... compare performance figures online.

Ha! I didn't see that! Yes, good add for Porsche in general really.

Quote:

Why buy an old 911 which will leak oil, have no aircon, no power steering, will cost thousands each year to maintain, probably needs a rebuild, etc etc etc

Mike,

Good luck with the sale!

Regards

Peter

Shame. I did think of just giving you my 993, but it doesn't quite cut it with the Cayman. :-)

Quote:

GLWS.

I thought you were still after an air-cooled.

If so, and knowing you might have to wait a while in the current market for a good 'un...You didn't buy the AH 964 did you???

hey guys..

the ebay advert was a bit tongue in cheek.. trying to get some exposure to the millions of people looking at old porsches.. if I can get them to sway towards my car, then that's one more old porsche for someone else.

The goal is to end up with a 964 of some description... or a carrera.. or a SC.. or a long hood...

I'm slowly prepping my garage.. getting some more cabinets, the floor is epoxied... have to start looking at one of those mini hoists... 

Plus I really want to learn how to paint. 

Thinking of finding a good car, then quitting my job so I can work on it..... bit of a crazy dream really.

It's a good thing that it was tounge in cheek....

I could hear the rebellions from here starting to stage a mutiny to have you thrown off the forum.....

We can all rest easy now..... :lol:

GLWS.....

Mike, can you please PM me your mobile phone details. I have a brother-in-law in the market for your car. He'd prefer a manual, but since he's been caring for my 997 for the past 6 months I know he's become quite partial to the Tipper.

I'll do my best.

Mike, can you please PM me your mobile phone details. I have a brother-in-law in the market for your car. He'd prefer a manual, but since he's been caring for my 997 for the past 6 months I know he's become quite partial to the Tipper.

I'll do my best.

pm'd...

but my number is no secret so if there is anyone else interested, hit me up on 0418 316 203.

The tiptronic is not as cool as a PDK, but I have to say, it really is very very very good.

No, you can't drop the clutch and do a burnout like in a manual.. but it is very intuitive in its shifting up and down.

My friends have commented on how "toey" it is off the mark, so it is no slouch even in auto mode.

If you are cruising and you want to kick down, simply press the GO pedal in hard and down it goes and takes off like a scalded cat.

The Carnewal exhaust is pure aural pleasure. Totally addictive. I can't believe I haven't gotten a ticket or warning yet for being yobbish. The tunnels in Brisbane and inner city bypass are pure fun. It really gets peoples attention.. male and female alike. I get thumbs up from lots of different people, different ages and gender (there's only 2 of them isn't there so...)

I've had people at the lights pull up and comment on the car.. even had someone taking photos from their car while stopped at the lights. Each to their own I guess.

Working at a Toyota dealership, I do get some interesting comments friends and neighbours.. but they like the car too.

I'm trying to get a decent mic setup to record the sound but am not having luck with the external mic on the go pro... too much wind noise at any speed over 20!

Archived