1989 wide body Speedster $175,000.00

You'd need a bit in the bank for recommissioning should you ever decide to (wash your mouth out with soap) drive it.

It's got the desirable wind up windows , that's got to be worth something  ;)

But seriously , it's a rare-ish bird in the last year they made real Porsches  :ph34r:

For some reason, with roof on, they remind me of a cockroach.

No offence meant to owners.  With roof off the have a wonderful look/line of heritage and history.

Anybody know what they are like drive?  Stiffness of body etc.  Or are they more of a cruiser?

No offence meant to owners.  With roof off the have a wonderful look/line of heritage and history.

Anybody know what they are like drive?  Stiffness of body etc.  Or are they more of a cruiser?

My first P car experience was with one of those, Mal, who some of you know had one back in the 90`s. it did two things for me 1/ got me hooked on porsche ,2/ made me realize that I couldn`t live with a rag top,after driving it up to DECA in shepparton.the buffeting was horrendous but it was great on the track and skidpan

I've got a 964 Speedster - manual, 2WD, 964 RS interior.  Weighs about the same as a coupe. 

No wobbles or creaks (and that is with 964RS springs fitted too).  It is a cracking drive.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 964 Speedster - manual, 2WD, 964 RS interior.  Weighs about the same as a coupe. 

No wobbles or creaks (and that is with 964RS springs fitted too).  It is a cracking drive.

I wish you'd stop reminding me how nice that Speedster is. I cant find one for love nor money....

I wish you'd stop reminding me how nice that Speedster is. I cant find one for love nor money....

There was 6 delivered to Australia out of 14 rhd worldwide (of which 2 are rumoured to be written off) so they don't pop up very often.

I love the early 90's-ness of my all white version.

A mate has a black one in Melbourne but I'm pretty sure it's a keeper. I can ask if you like?

There was 6 delivered to Australia out of 14 rhd worldwide (of which 2 are rumoured to be written off) so they don't pop up very often.

I love the early 90's-ness of my all white version.

A mate has a black one in Melbourne but I'm pretty sure it's a keeper. I can ask if you like?

If you wouldn't mind, might be worth a question.

Remind me again on what the difference is between a wide body targa with the hoop removed and glass boob-hump fitted, and a speedster?

The difference is probably only a couple of hundred thou ...... or thereabouts ..... :rolleyes:

Thanks Ryan. Just saw that listing on the latest Bowden's Ecurie email. Great news if you've already got one and it sells for that.

In all honesty, although I love my pre 74 911's, the Speedster would be one of the very last of my cars that I would sell.  It is a lovely thing to drive and you never see another coming down the road.

Archived