A 959 has been spotted in Tullamarine!!!

Pauly

Surely a car that significant- somebody would know who it belongs to?

It certainly is a faithful replica if that is what it is.  The mirrors look right, as does the little door behind the door.

I'm going with real just because virtually nobody replicas a 959 properly.

Surely a car that significant- somebody would know who it belongs to?

It certainly is a faithful replica if that is what it is. The mirrors look right, as does the little door behind the door.

I'm going with real just because virtually nobody replicas a 959 properly.

Ooh I dunno. That purple one for sale is nearly indistinguishable from the real deal!

a white one (and a CGT) have been at T&D in the past, both of which turned up to concourse days and the like. i have a memory of a red one for some reason too will dig up photos.

That makes sense. The Carrera GT was (or maybe still is) owned by Peter (QLD) - he has been selling off all his cars so maybe the white one has been sold to a VIC owner. 

I believe the silver one is owned by Lindsay. 

phew, I'm glad we sorted that out.................. :lol:

he has been selling off all his cars so maybe the white one has been sold to a VIC owner. 

• RM Auctions announces stunning Harburg Collection for its debut Paris sale, 45 February 2014
  • The collection boasts a number of highly significant Porsche models, including a 1973 ex-Works 917/30 Can-Am Spyder, a 1982 ex-Works 956 956 Group C Sports-Prototype, a 1964 904 Carrera GTS, a 1959 356 A Carrera 1500 GT Speedster, and a 1987 959
  • Other remarkable models to be offered in the collection include a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider, the ex-Briggs Cunningham 1950 Aston Martin DB2, a 1969 Lola T70, and the ex-John Coombs 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona

more: http://www.rmauctions.com/media/release.cfm?id=1016

</drool>

Impressive what some private collectors have! I wonder if anyone in Australia has ordered a 918? I know there are some Carrera GTs in collections too.

Apparently there's been a few enquires in bringing them over. But they has issues why they need to pa road tax for them. It was going to cost them 1.3m all up. I remember reading this a while back. 

He had an incredible collection of cars to say the least. 

I've come across a few rare cars lately that people have recently purchased, when asked where they found them their response has been "I actually found it in QLD" to that my response has been "wasn't one of Peter's collection?" and every time it has been a yes. :)

Amazing.

Supposedly he is now getting into yachts? Each to their own I guess........................ :rolleyes:

i've seen the white one in at TD Automotive once, very nice car (and is the real deal, the tyre pressure info on the dash gives it away, as well as having a G gear in the shift pattern

and i thought yachts were his job/business?

Archived