What is it with PA and COA's?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russ,

Good question.

The intention is a COA piece of paper...........but since this is   going through, let's say, different processes, who knows what might turn up.

Anyway, the good news is that PCA are going through a major restructure and reno work, and will start to promote the Porsche Classic program - just not sure when 

What a bugger, too late....about five years ago I contacted Harry and he confirmed by engine and gearbox numbers and the colour and options that it wasl delivered with. He also confirmed it was delivered to Scuderia Veloce in Sydney, and somehow seemed to know it had been to queensland before coming to Melbourne....how he knew this I don't know and he didn't offer any more info.

Unfortunately I didn't know about the COA and so didn't ask for one......

I'd love to be able to establish some background historically......since I've had it I have all its history, including the new engine and gearbox, and would love to complete as least some of the picture going back....

Harry told my parts guy a couple of years ago that my car was matching numbers AU delivered, red with tartan interior. Sold to a "Wealthy business man" that remained nameless. It was sold by Scuderia Veloce and that's about where the info stopped. No great specifics on options.

It was built in 75, but is a 76 model and was first sold in 77. That would suggest to me it was a dealership stock order for a showroom floor? If a customer orders a car, it normally would not spend all that time with Porsche?

So keen to know more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, with regards to Certificates, I have been quite busy along with the others here. My sincere apologies for the delay, I hope I have not upset any of you as I do share your passion about Porsche and love to help where I can. It is one of those things that I cant simply handball to anyone as the information on the certificates is critical. I have devoted some time in the coming weeks to get some out but in the meantime if you need to know options etc for your cars I can give you that info.

Thanks for your understanding.

regards Harry

Hi Guys, with regards to Certificates, I have been quite busy along with the others here. My sincere apologies for the delay, I hope I have not upset any of you as I do share your passion about Porsche and love to help where I can. It is one of those things that I cant simply handball to anyone as the information on the certificates is critical. I have devoted some time in the coming weeks to get some out but in the meantime if you need to know options etc for your cars I can give you that info.

Thanks for your understanding.

regards Harry

Is this the infamous 'Harry?' Much talked of, never seen, highly regarded, often sort? That Harry?

Welcome

Thanks for coming aboard Harry! and for your assistance with all the CoA's you've handled so far.

Can you tell us the difference between the 'Certificate of Ownership' we seem to get in Australia, and the Certificate of Authenticity they seem to get in the US? are these different systems?

Welcome Harry,

Could you please provide your prefered method of contact, those details and the information you require in order to provide those of us interested in a COA with one?

Thank you in advance,

Ben

• 1 month later...

Archived