Seats and Cool stuff and

symsy

Question of you had a 70's backdate and wasnt too concerned with originality , what sorts of seats , vintage or otherwise would you put in the car that are both functional and somewhat in keeping with the car??

RS Recaro ? Vintage race seats ??

Ok one caveat , the woman in the house would want to sit in them fo a few hours ….hopefully thats not too greater challenge.

Also anyone have any expereince with 964 air con , would you put this in a back date hotrod or a go for something else if you had a 964 motor?  How is it? Cold effective?

Thanks , looking for ideas and to get a budget on costs ?

Considering a SC - 3.2 long bonnet conversion..

Been doing a bit of research on the A/C systems myself just in case I don't end up with a 964 and found this kit.

http://www.retroair.com/porscheairconditioning/911930noacfullkit.html

Having fitted A/C to a few older cars that never had A/C from the factory. A purpose built kit would be well worth paying extra for, just in time saving casing parts that fit.

I found good ideas for seats etc here.

http://www.design911.com/Porsche/911-1965-1989/930--911--Turbo-3-0L/Interior-Parts---Styling/pt67_-cma81-cmo104-ct360/

mmm, not sure. Been having a bit of a rain issue here in Sydney that you might have heard of. I haven't experienced 'misted' over windows as much as I did yesterday in the 964 since the the early 80's driving around in my dads hillman imp with the family entire family furiously wiping each window only to be misted in again several minutes later

demisting/heating is a separate unit - maybe your heater blower or boxes are shagged

mmm, not sure. Been having a bit of a rain issue here in Sydney that you might have heard of. I haven't experienced 'misted' over windows as much as I did yesterday in the 964 since the the early 80's driving around in my dads hillman imp with the family entire family furiously wiping each window only to be misted in again several minutes later

Perhaps not a reflection of 964 A/C in general, but more so your particular example? 

Not something I have experienced in my 964 which has had considerable $$$ spent on the A/C and for a 25 year old system, is pretty darn good IMO.

A lot of 901 owners have had BF Torino seats fitted to their cars. PM me if wan to know re Aussie distributor.

http://shop.bf-torino.com/shop_start/?___store=english&___from_store=default

I love my replica seats in the 72. Agree with Doug here.

Symsy, come around this week and you can sit in mine. I'm home now.

I had 964 aircon in my sc and it was effective

Clutch,

How do you put a 964 AC system into a SC?

I assume you mean a 964 evaporator including standard blower case with two fans and a 964 condenser in the front mudguard like the stock set up?

Love to see photos if you have them to see how it's done please!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes can confirm that the importer of BF Torino is on this site.

I purchased a set of custom made leather / houndstooth ST seats. Extremely happy. Came with the proper sliders.

I would highly recommend.

this guys an ozzie (albeit in the states) and is making good product also

http://www.vintageseats.com/

id say buy what's most comfortable and then looks good - depends on how much time and how much distance your covering

personally id install a set of alfa S1 flying buttress seats in a 912 hottie - not the most comfortable though

Clutch,

How do you put a 964 AC system into a SC?

I assume you mean a 964 evaporator including standard blower case with two fans and a 964 condenser in the front mudguard like the stock set up?

Love to see photos if you have them to see how it's done please!

having looked at the complete 964 evaporator/blower motor setup it looks like an absolute nightmare to fit to an older car

Archived