Finally bit the bullet.

MFX

I have been stalking these forums for some time now, every now and then putting my 2c in where it didn't belong. But now I have finally taken the leap into P car ownership. 

Back in my single days I had lots of modified cars (mostly Japanese turbo imports), and at one stage had a dedicated 'drift' car. Now I can finally get into something a bit nicer.

I was looking for a new daily driver, and living in Bowral, in the NSW Southern Highlands, I needed something with a reliable heater and A/C, so AC cars were out. After looking at 911's for a long long time, I was interested in a 996.2 or possibly stretch my budget to a 997. That was when I realised the Cayman S was in my price range. After watching all the reviews I could find, I couldn't go past what they were saying about the Cayman being arguably the best handling car Porsche make. A lot of soul searching went into it and in the end I found I couldn't go past the Cayman S.

So yesterday I got up at 5 in the freezing cold (it was -2 here this morning), went to the airport and jumped on a plane to the Gold Coast and picked up my new toy. I got straight in and drove all the way home again, getting back by 10pm, which was a long but fun day.

I had it checked out by Porsche Gold Coast and it only has 47K kms. Lowered 20mm with nice wide 19's, a Remus exhaust and Fabspeed extractors. I was worried the exhaust was going to be too loud for me, but now I have driven it a bit it has grown on me and it sounds awesome. I will have to attempt to take a video of it over the next couple of days.

post-1887-0-49626600-1433312250_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-10672500-1433312260_thumb.jp

post-1887-0-50659400-1433312268_thumb.jp

Black/Black Cayman S...  Damm it looks the goods mate well done.    

I used to be right into modified Hondas a few years back but slowly moved away now here I am so I love hearing stories like these as they remind me of when I got my 986.  I don't have it anymore but can't wait to get another and take that first drive home again.  Enjoy!

Congrats! Nice list of upgrades too

No shortage of driving roads down your way :D

I needed something with a reliable heater and A/C, so AC cars were out. 

You won't find more reliable heating than in an aircooled car...you can just about toast marsmellows!

The a/c on the other hand...

Congrats! Nice list of upgrades too

No shortage of driving roads down your way :D

You won't find more reliable heating than in an aircooled car...you can just about toast marsmellows!

The a/c on the other hand...

I am looking at getting an air cooled car down the track as a weekender, but for now this will be an all rounder.

Awesome looking car. Congrats.

Do the tyres look too narrow for the rear wheels or is it the angle of the car in the pic???

Yes they are too narrow for the rims. I am not sure of the width of the rims but the rear tyres are 275 30 19s. The rims are actually slightly wider than the rear guards.

I actually got another set of 19" rims with the car which are being shipped down to me. I may change them over when I get them. The PO liked it that way. I am still making up my mind.

The handling of the mid engine will continue to amaze you for some time.

Cool ride....

Enjoy :)

Oh, I may be interested in the wheels if you don't use them. I have the Boxster with a smaller version of these.

Yes they are too narrow for the rims. I am not sure of the width of the rims but the rear tyres are 275 30 19s. The rims are actually slightly wider than the rear guards.

I actually got another set of 19" rims with the car which are being shipped down to me. I may change them over when I get them. The PO liked it that way. I am still making up my mind.

I got down and had a closer look at the rear wheels this afternoon, and it appears to have spacers on there so I might look at removing the spacers and putting wider tyres on the car down the track.

I got around to washing the car from its trip and took some better photo's, and I have been stuffing around for the last week working out how I was going to post them.

Hopefully this works.

cay4_zpsyydjtkgy.jpg

cay3_zps2n6qmgmx.jpgcay1_zps0acneyag.jpgcay5_zpsganyp5r5.jpgcat2_zps9m9nlwst.jpg

My second set of rims finally arrived yesterday, and I got to see them for the first time. I don't mind them but I prefer the ones on the car. They are 19x9 and 19x11's. I am not sure at this stage whether I keep them around or just sell them off.

Wheels_zps2osls2s3.jpg

That Cayman looks awesome. Love it. White was what I was after, but I am quickly converting to black.

The wheels on it do look pretty good, but if you jump onto the Planet 9 forum and get onto the Black Caymans photo thread.

Some great photos, to give you an idea. There is a black one there on the first page, with black wheels and tinted windows.

Looks very Darth (dark) Vaderish....but I think it looks sensational.

Your photos have stirred me into getting my hunt more motivated. I have one offer out there, just playing the waiting game

Waiting waiting waiting...

Archived