NIKO'S ELUSIVE CAYMAN S HUNT IS OVER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be gremlins there BAFE MAN, I have you in at post 914, but I would still be happy/happier with that number.:D

Thanks Simon and Brian.....re colour at Canberra.  

Yes unfortunately if it wasn't for you and me, the others would have been lost if the fog had have come in.;)

Just took the yellow one for a run around the block while sorting out the parking priorities of my "fleet" still love that old thing so you never know it might be back in Canberra...:unsure: 

Glad to see you found a way to cover up those missing eyebrows with a new roof. 

Must be fantastic being back in a manual again. Looks great and can't wait to see it on the next outing. 

Thanks Mike, Dave and Garry, they are great buying especially now that a lot of the A/C cars are heading well and truly North.

(Sorry about the BAFE bit popping up here, must be gremlins with the new system.  When you try to do a fresh reply the older ones you have replied to also pop up)   

Niko, fantastic looking car, how straight does that look, these have to be the best value Porsches on the market at the moment

enjoy mate

Actually I have been watching them for the last 6 months or more and they have actually been going back up in price. Earlier in the year  there were a few nice, low km (gen 1 manuals) available for very  low 50's. Now they are starting at 60. I think with the release of the GT4 Caymans are coming onto people's radars a lot more. I know I always wanted a 911 and it wasn't until I started shopping that I saw more and more about how good the Cayman was, that I couldn't go past it. 

Congrats Niko, great buy. 

Actually I have been watching them for the last 6 months or more and they have actually been going back up in price. Earlier in the year  there were a few nice, low km (gen 1 manuals) available for very  low 50's. Now they are starting at 60. I think with the release of the GT4 Caymans are coming onto people's radars a lot more. I know I always wanted a 911 and it wasn't until I started shopping that I saw more and more about how good the Cayman was, that I couldn't go past it. 

Congrats Niko, great buy. 

Thanks for that.   I actually seen a quote by Walter Rohrl today that said he thinks the new Gt4 Cayman is better than the GT3's    I'm sure Porsche would be happy with that...not.

I agree with what your saying, after having my first proper drive in mine this morning, I can't believe how good they really are.    Fantastic.

Wow, that's unreal.    Nice car RA.   IT is a twin.

The original owner of mine was one of three brothers, who all purchased 3 identical Cayman S's would you believe.    They then all 3 purchased 3 identical Cayennes.   All from PCM. Have you had yours since new, or do you know it's previous owner.  Is it a manual?

be a long shot if yours is one of the three.   Should compare VIN numbers

Thanks Tony, they do look pretty damn good.

i think we should compare VIN' s RA.   Be interesting if they are from the same family.    16,500 k,s great stuff, I thought I had a low one with 17,200.   I have an enquiry going with PCM as to numbers of this configeration that are in Aus.

im thinking they are kin....from the same family...

Yep...one of 3 too....Currently 16,500kms.. Manual .. 2009. 

Not sure if it's same 3 however.. Had mine 2 years.

is it possible that there are 6 

My car has had two previous owners.   The first being one of the three brothers.    Then when the 3 of them purchased the Cayennes, my one went back to PCM as a trade in on the Cayenne..   Approximately 2 years ago it was sold to a bloke in Adelaide, with 11000 on the clock.   He kept it for two years and put 6000 on the clock.   He then had to live in Singapore with his work.   He contacted PCM to see if he could sell it back to them, which he did.   So that would completely fit in with your cars time frame.

Did you get yours from PCM?    I will check the original delivery date of the car in my owners stuff and see if it matches yours, but sounds like these two are brothers.    The third one is still out there.... 

Thanks Martin....big step up for me, and still pinching myself.

Rocco, looks like mine would have been the one with the 11000 k on it.

we will have to try and get some shots of them together somewhere along the line.

hmmm now I wonder where the third one is?   

Two out of three here on the forum ain't bad.

haha, your right Rocco. :D 

Every good comment I get I will re direct it and send it over to you.:P

We have obviously both impeccable taste when it comes to CAYMANS.B)

Archived