Father / Son Project

TE911

Great project.

Looking forward to your progress.

love yellow, had two.

Impossible to match, and non metal parts appear a different shade in some lights. Servo lights especially. 

The base needs to be a solid dark colour, and loading of the yellow sooooo even. I'd use someone that has experience with yellow.

Viper green or blue 2c

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not the iroc front- i mean more the SC/RS style. runs two fender coolers rather than a big single. more street friendly ground clearance.

http://www.eb-motorsport.co.uk/productinfo.asp?id=302

H2ba81K.jpg

Ohhhh... i thought your were talking about the RS bumper.

That looks GREAT :wub:  

Great project.

Looking forward to your progress.

love yellow, had two.

Impossible to match, and non metal parts appear a different shade in some lights. Servo lights especially. 

The base needs to be a solid dark colour, and loading of the yellow sooooo even. I'd use someone that has experience with yellow.

Viper green or blue 2c

Thanks! Thats exactly what John said about the colour yellow, thats why we were looking at our options.

What a great project, looking forward to seeing the developments...........do like the blue....

Thanks! ill be sure to post any development as soon as it starts.

Yeah. Ditch the 964 look. Yellowbird front and rear. Olive green. Black wheels with gloss lips & matte centres. Whale tail.

http://www.gettydesign.com/911_bumpers.php

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_930_turbo_porsch

OR, whatever this acidic green is, with glod centres & polished lips...

porsche-911-rs-1974-title.jpg

Thanks Tit, they are  both great colours love the acidic green. We dont really like the yellow bird front bumper.

Looking forward to seeing progress with this.

Some great ideas from everybody so far. What do you and your dad want it to be though?

Thanks Eoghanroe, our plans before the thread were to keep the 964 look, new interior, add the duck tail, side skirts and new paint.

But now thanks to everyone were thinking maybe a new front bumper.

My 2 cents worth.

Keep the 964 look but something like this - speed yellow too!

cargraphic_porsche_911_turbo_31_zpsdzxse

Or Cargraphic bumpers/ etc

cargraphic-retroclassics-911_11_zpskeqov

cargraphic911a11026248721_zpsqtbrpvcx.jp

Looking forward to your outcome, goodluck!

:)

Thanks ANF, we thought of going with speed yellow but then thought of all the other colour options we had and narrowed it down.
There are so many different bumpers to go for. we might just keep the 964 bumpers till we get sick of them lol

The Skunkworks 964 is the only reference you need then, no franken Porsche - just tasteful IMO. :rolleyes:

Jeremy's Skunkworks 964 is what we are going for but in a different colour obviously :D Very tasteful!

Spotted his car at the NSW concours.

11848965_520277151481191_527796663_n.jpg

11934893_872998562787319_1890776127_n.jp

The RS 4 above is owned by a member of this forum and was only finished recently ,,,awesome build by Hamiltons AutoHaus.....:)

http://porscheforum.com.au/profile/1818-jv911/

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/news/behind-the-scenes-the-secret-life-of-the-964-rs-4

Yes i know, ive followed Jeremy's build tread as well. Great car!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
While waiting for the duck tail to arrive we've grown tired of the 964 look on our 911.

Our new plan for the body is to get a IROC rear bumper, remove the side skirts, SC/RS style front bumper (recommended by clutch-monkey) and some deep dished 16" fuchs.

We might go with the colour riviera blue.

What the front bumper will look like:

7895899670_46b14ec15d_z.jpg

What the rear end will look like: (we are also going to try and have the same exhaust set up as the picture below)

708791d1362452199-new-3-2-owner-208esc9.

Tweet,tweet

23B7576A-1535-43FE-9536-F8878A1DC685.jpg

as I kicked off this project :P I vote for tweety bird as well!

Plus Son and Dad need separate PFA accounts...otherwise we don't know who is saying what!

awesome dad, by the way.  Good guidance towards tasteful ideas :)

Update:
While waiting for the duck tail to arrive we've grown tired of the 964 look on our 911.

Our new plan for the body is to get a IROC rear bumper, remove the side skirts, SC/RS style front bumper (recommended by clutch-monkey) and some deep dished 16" fuchs.

We might go with the colour riviera blue.

What the front bumper will look like:

7895899670_46b14ec15d_z.jpg

What the rear end will look like: (we are also going to try and have the same exhaust set up as the picture below)

708791d1362452199-new-3-2-owner-208esc9.

Yes I like this set up a lot, although prefer the RS front ( clutchmonky suggested ) , I have been planning to do that to my Carrera Targa and brace it with a half cage like the Emory Targa. Then set up the motor with EFI and ITB's . The ultimate Targa !

Emory_Motorsports_Porsche_356_Outlaw_16.jpg

as I kicked off this project :P I vote for tweety bird as well!

Plus Son and Dad need separate PFA accounts...otherwise we don't know who is saying what!

awesome dad, by the way.  Good guidance towards tasteful ideas :)

HAHAHA my dad and i both love yellow cars but since the car is going to get a full respray we thought of all the other colours that were mentioned before.

Just so its clear everything this account posts is from me Tarkan (the son!) :P
Anything that i post has already been discussed and agreed on with my father.

Yes he is a awesome dad! :D

Yes I like this set up a lot, although prefer the RS front ( clutchmonky suggested ) , I have been planning to do that to my Carrera Targa and brace it with a half cage like the Emory Targa. Then set up the motor with EFI and ITB's . The ultimate Targa !

Emory_Motorsports_Porsche_356_Outlaw_16.jpg

Thanks Spannerhead.

Cant wait to see your progress with the "Ultimate Targa!" sounds like cool project.

I've always been a fan of this colour:

RUF-Toothpaste-RCT-EVO-Converted-1989-Po

or maybe a 964 colour 'Raspberry' (83E)?

raspberry.jpg

it's a different colour to the colours on RS's (sort of like the colour on my car that's different in different lights)

porsch1july2009.jpg

Coastr only got 2 PFA'ers cars in the background but good to see that it went to a good home! there was a fair bit of interest in that car

I've always been a fan of this colour:

RUF-Toothpaste-RCT-EVO-Converted-1989-Po

or maybe a 964 colour 'Raspberry' (83E)?

raspberry.jpg

Coastr only got 2 PFA'ers cars in the background but good to see that it went to a good home! there was a fair bit of interest in that car

Thank you for the different colour options. 

Ive already mentioned the mint and raspberry colours to my dad back when we first started thinking of colours but he didnt really like them.

aa06c3c6518574e1d8896cf2d6adf8d3.jpg

The blue we might go for is on the 993.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived