Father / Son Project

TE911

Hi everyone,

Our project is about to start.

We have only done a few things since we got the car from QLD like a service and new wheels and tyres. Nothing major

Thanks to Coastr we were able to find a good base.

Before: Taken by Coastr

EDB939B5-38DA-4058-A382-69D6ECE674D6_zps

Now:

11251748_1644817729132842_1260885666_n.j

12120227_902290659862148_609238311_n.jpg

The plan for the exterior is to keep the 964 look, replace the wing with a ducktail, replace the SC side skirts with 964 side skirts and some new paint. This will all be done by our good friend John from Zag Automotive.

Ive been playing around on Photoshop and here is what it will look like. Still unsure which colour to go for.

12135300_424925131035957_946392036_n.jpg

As for the interior we are going to delete the rear seats for a half cage. Its going to be reupholstered in black top to bottom with some alcantara, RS door cards and new front seats. Remove the 12 speakers, 2 amps and the jungle of wires so we can hear that 3.2 rumble.

More pictures to come once the ducktail arrives. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZStay with yellow, less work and expense, unless that's not an issue.

Personally I would keep the RS wing, add turbo flares and Speedline wheels.

+1 yellow.  topside only respray to even up the patchwork colours.  Ducky looks good on 964's

ducky.jpg

Blue looks good

+1 Riviera or Mexico Blue looks sensational. 

Can I throw a spanner in the works and suggest Rubystone? 

+1 on the blue!

Stay with yellow, less work and expense, unless that's not an issue.

Personally I would keep the RS wing, add turbo flares and Speedline wheels.

Looks great in the Yellow!

+1 Yellow

+1 yellow.  topside only respray to even up the patchwork colours.  Ducky looks good on 964's

We were going to keep the colour as is ( apparently its a Lamborghini pearlescent colour )  but it wasn't done right and every panel has a different shade. We want the paint work to match the new interior.

So we were going to do speed yellow but then thought about all the other colours we could paint.

Okay so blue is the colour i chose, preferably riviera blue.

Orange is the colour my dad chose, which i think is too loud of a color.

And viper green was another colour that just got thrown in.

Where did you get those choice of colours from - are you just playing with contrast/brightness in photoshop? :lol: 

Can I ask what the original colour of the car was? 

We always liked Porsches bright colours.

haha no i didnt play with the contrast/brightness on photoshop, all you have to do is go to Image scroll down to Adjustments then click Replace colour.

I looked in the smuggles box and the original colour looks like it may have been indiana red

DSC002251318682256.jpg

if it's a 3.2, duck tail and iroc rear bumper, SC/RS style front?

Its a SC with a 3.2 transplant.

The iroc bumper plus the rs front is a great look.

PFA member Andrewbu has this set up on his 911sc and it looks great in person.

12093355_852046014916265_1303851321_n.jp

I still like yellow

RWB%20Front-5_zpsyhemflfe.jpg

RWB that I photoshopped it a bit

Too subtle ?

HAHAHA...
Yeah i wanted to do a RWB inspired project but dad isn't a fan.
As for the RS wing that's on the car its a cheap bolt on, unlike the original ones that where part of the deck lid.

964rs3.8-4-copyright-porsche-downloaded-

I agree with the IROC bumpers. Ditch the 964 look, wing and Cups. IROC and Fuchs all day long.

Viper Green for a full re-spray or if you want to just do a sand back and top coat and keep the yellow, then swap to this yellow:

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 4.21.19 pm.jpg

Hi everyone,

Our project is about to start.

We have only done a few things since we got the car from QLD like a service and new wheels and tyres. Nothing major

Thanks to Coastr we were able to find a good base.

Before: Taken by Coastr

EDB939B5-38DA-4058-A382-69D6ECE674D6_zps

Now:

11251748_1644817729132842_1260885666_n.j

12120227_902290659862148_609238311_n.jpg

The plan for the exterior is to keep the 964 look, replace the wing with a ducktail, replace the SC side skirts with 964 side skirts and some new paint. This will all be done by our good friend John from Zag Automotive.

Ive been playing around on Photoshop and here is what it will look like. Still unsure which colour to go for.

12135300_424925131035957_946392036_n.jpg

As for the interior we are going to delete the rear seats for a half cage. Its going to be reupholstered in black top to bottom with some alcantara, RS door cards and new front seats. Remove the 12 speakers, 2 amps and the jungle of wires so we can hear that 3.2 rumble.

More pictures to come once the ducktail arrives. 

Any of those colours look awesome to me ...............this should be a great build looking forward to it .......................:D

i reckon this would be the way to go, sort of more in keeping with it's IB origins? wouldn't be hard either!

We have been considering the iroc rear bumper. Not too keen for the rs front in the bright colours.

I agree with the IROC bumpers. Ditch the 964 look, wing and Cups. IROC and Fuchs all day long.

Viper Green for a full re-spray or if you want to just do a sand back and top coat and keep the yellow, then swap to this yellow:

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 4.21.19 pm.jpg

I also thought of restoring it back to original, impact bumpers, fuchs and original colour but my dads had his share of original P-cars and whats to have fun with this one.

Any of those colours look awesome to me ...............this should be a great build looking forward to it .......................:D

Thanks Raven, were looking forward to it to. Just need to chose one of these colours

Archived