And so it Begins...the GT4 Profiteeeering.

roders

• 2 weeks later...

^^ It seems they are releasing more allocations all the time. The whole "sold out" thing seems to be rubbish.

In the US it seems pretty much now anyone who put down a deposit is now getting allocations with build dates going well into next year.

Looks like dealer adds for new GT4 cars (MY16) being advertised on car sales.  Not sure if dealer fluff or genuinely taking orders. 

I always thought the GT4 would continue production. Just didn't seem to be considered as a limited run production car or at the end of its model life.  If the current owners can get 80-100 over list at the moment, take it and run.  I'm tipping they will be sub 200 by this time next year.  Anyone up for a short ? :)

Looks like dealer adds for new GT4 cars (MY16) being advertised on car sales.  Not sure if dealer fluff or genuinely taking orders. 

I always thought the GT4 would continue production. Just didn't seem to be considered as a limited run production car or at the end of its model life.  If the current owners can get 80-100 over list at the moment, take it and run.  I'm tipping they will be sub 200 by this time next year.  Anyone up for a short ? :)

If they announce an RS or a .2 version I'm sure a few will come onto the market just like has happened with the 991 GT3. I hope it's the case anyway.

I sometimes think that people spend a bit too much time looking at english forums and the markups there and forget the prices are a bit different in Aus. A GBP65k/AUD130k GT4 has a lot more room for profiteering than a AUD205k GT4. Likewise allocations weren't difficult to get in Australia, you just needed to get your name down within 2 or 3 months of the car being announced, thats significantly different to the UK where you needed money down 6 months before it was announced to get in the queue. I'd be surprised if these big markup GT4's are selling, especially as they're not a particularly good spec (well, imo anyway).

On an RS I don't see it happening for a long time, the GT4 needed to thread the needle between a Cayman GTS and a GT3, trying to fit a Cayman RS between a GT4 and GT3 in both price and performance is going to be tricky until the gap between those two gets wider. The big question for future values of the GT4 is the 981.2 version. I reckon the success  of this one will assure a .2 version but we don't know what gearbox and what engine it will be, it's probably 50:50 if it will be Manual 3.8 or PDK 3.0 turbo and what it ends up being will have a decent impact on future prices.

Oh, and allocations for the GT4 are long closed, it's getting to the point now where you can't get an allocation for any 981.1, the ability to order a manual NA sportscar Porsche is about to close (yes, yes, there will be some unattainable future models but you get what I mean ;))

Agree on the RS version of a GT4. Hard to see where that version would sit in the line up without really digging into 911/gts, gt3 sales. That said, you never know what VAG are thinking at the moment.  It would be a easy short term win to pump out more high margin porsches to cover a few emission sins else where.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived