ANF

Photo thread  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is the prefered method of showing member's car photos

• Leave as is
    • One single thread for all marques
    • One thread for porsche cars only and another thread for all other marques
    • One thread for each car type in the technical section

Most other car forums that I have been on have sections where members can show off their cars. These are predominantly just for photos of their cars, although some banter does happen.....

There are a few specific threads on here about particular cars but nothing generalised to each car "type"

Is their any interest (mods and/ or members) in setting up pinned threads in each of the sections so non Porsche owning fiends like me and Porsche owners alike can drool over great cars?!

eg; 356, AC 911, WC 911, Mid Engined, Front Engined, 4 doors. Or could be broken down further but I do not think that we have enough car/ members for that? Or could be just one large thread in the Gallery section in isolation from the gratuitous thread?

Thoughts?

Cheers

Just have one pined thread for members cars ,,,don,t bother putting them in different categories ,just have them all in one thread and I would allow all brands and types of cars not just Porsche ,,,,as I am sure we can all appreciate a nicely presented vehicle regardless of the make ,and I am sure many of us have other nice cars besides our Porsche,s ..........just my 2 cents ..............CHEERS :D

Another forum I'm on has a single 'team/member' thread. When a person pays the membership, they also send a few pics they like of their car to the mods.  the thread is managed by the mods and theres minimal chat in that thread.  Members cars also have links to that members build thread, instagram or own website or whatever.

It also has (relevant) previous cars ("retired") and is updated when a member gets a new car.

It works quite nicely.

Just have one pined thread for members cars ,,,don,t bother putting them in different categories ,just have them all in one thread and I would allow all brands and types of cars not just Porsche ,,,,as I am sure we can all appreciate a nicely presented vehicle regardless of the make ,and I am sure many of us have other nice cars besides our Porsche,s ..........just my 2 cents ..............CHEERS :D

I think the one thread idea could work but feel best if only P cars. A separate thread for non Porsche would be good :)

One thing that I find so good about this forum is the willingness to talk about other marques (and in a positive way). some single marques forums think that theirs is best and all other are crap!

Cheers

One thread per car. What would have been good is one section that would have encompassed the tribute, project sections and provided a clear place for everyone to post pics/info about their car. eg.

My 996 Mk1 - Here's my pride and joy which I drive daily. It's stock at the moment and I think I'll keep it that way. (a few months later) Just an update, I've added a stereo, exhaust and dumped it on its guts. here's some new photos. (Yes I actually have my own thread like this but I can't remember if it's in the Tribute section or the Project section...)

911STRSRR project - Here's my barn find I paid $200k for. Yes that is the ground you can see through the foot well but otherwise she's in good shape. Plan is to turn it into an ST replica. (over the next 6 years) Here's some progress on the project.

My new 991 C2 Convertible - Hi gang, here's my new C2 drop top. I traded in my 75 911S which I thought I would keep for ever. But after 3 weeks of ownership, I felt my childhood dream had been fulfilled and it was time to get into the next future collectible. Here's a photo of me with the top down and my dog Mitzy.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a clear place to post your car. Tribute, Aircooled, Ownership and Enthusiasm??? This place aint no democracy though so good luck...

Democracy is a process by which people are free to choose the man who will get the blame

Laurence J. Peter

and I elect "The Moderators"

One thread per car. What would have been good is one section that would have encompassed the tribute, project sections and provided a clear place for everyone to post pics/info about their car. eg.

My 996 Mk1 - Here's my pride and joy which I drive daily. It's stock at the moment and I think I'll keep it that way. (a few months later) Just an update, I've added a stereo, exhaust and dumped it on its guts. here's some new photos. (Yes I actually have my own thread like this but I can't remember if it's in the Tribute section or the Project section...)

911STRSRR project - Here's my barn find I paid $200k for. Yes that is the ground you can see through the foot well but otherwise she's in good shape. Plan is to turn it into an ST replica. (over the next 6 years) Here's some progress on the project.

My new 991 C2 Convertible - Hi gang, here's my new C2 drop top. I traded in my 75 911S which I thought I would keep for ever. But after 3 weeks of ownership, I felt my childhood dream had been fulfilled and it was time to get into the next future collectible. Here's a photo of me with the top down and my dog Mitzy.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be a clear place to post your car. Tribute, Aircooled, Ownership and Enthusiasm??? This place aint no democracy though so good luck...

never knew you called your dog Mitzy. Hope she doesn't get blown out of the hairdresser car

We have a Benz thread and I threatened to create a bmw one as well...maybe I did and forgot.

Members rides thread is a good place if you don't have any specific build going on.  If you're doing a build start a thread.

in my experience, unstructured content makes for enjoyable browsing and les moderator effort, but it makes it harder to find a picture of a purple lhd 73.5 911.

everyone loves/loves to hate the 'for sale and interesting' thread.  Sometimes it has good cars, sometimes useless thread jacks...whatever, it's a car forum for fun and entertainment, not an enterprise porsche management system.

I think trying to over complicate things....

Just a thread that we can all post into, if it gets out of hand we can pull it up. Members only if you want :)

I think trying to over complicate things....

Just a thread that we can all post into, if it gets out of hand we can pull it up. Members only if you want :)

I get you want to keep it simple but it still needs to work. The problem with threads is things get lost, you'll see a car and go wow only to then spend an hour looking back through pages to find it again. 

Threads = conversation

Gallery = pictures 

Just putting my 2 cents in, you asked the question! :D

Archived