Non Porsche Cars Members Picture Gallery

ANF

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm never seen a red one…nice..whats the g4 challenge..nice 

A race perfect for your Aston. My Landy as the race vehicle , your AM as the support. There's only so much G&T I can haul , and you have the Vermouth compartment :)

b3f51fff3194436ac9daefd26fcaa125.jpg

A race perfect for your Aston. My Landy as the race vehicle , your AM as the support. There's only so much G&T I can haul , and you have the Vermouth compartment :)

I will bring my own landy, you bring the EXTRA Gin mate , atleast we share some of the same passions ..you spill less on a bumpy road in a DISCO

2014-11-22%2015.47.25_zpswue4l7wn.jpg

I will bring my own landy, you bring the EXTRA Gin mate , atleast we share some of the same passions ..you spill less on a bumpy road in a DISCO

Extra high octane gin already packed in spare tank. The more mud , peril & consequence the better! Though don't expect me to be able to fix a Disco with duct tape and an arc welder.

Not a whiskey man myself but you get the idea :)

c1789e6d57dd67c8de18fc37562f684d.jpg

2014-11-22%2015.47.25_zpswue4l7wn.jpg

yes, quite a smooth ride on the back of a tilt tray ?

Hmm never seen a red one…nice..whats the g4 challenge..nice 

It ain't red, it's bright orange B) Tangiers Orange, never available to the general public but painted that colour on the production line.

G4 Challenge was the follow on to the Camel Trophy, LR ran it in 2003 (in Australia), 2006 in Thailand, Vietnam and Bolivia (that's the event mine did, was the Aus competitors car) and it was all set for 2009 to be in Mongolia until the GFC hit. LR had built pretty much all of the cars, but scrapped it late in 2008 after all the selection events had been run. 4 cars sent to Aus for the selections (2 Discos and 2 110 Deafeners) were sold off here by Melbourne Land Rover, the owner of that group did the Camel Trophy back in the day so he's been involved in subsequent events.

Mine is one of 35 Sport's built for the event, half were RHD, half LHD and it's the only one in Australia. One was written off on the event by a load of journos rolling it off a mountain road, 200ft down to the road below. Changed the blown tyre and drove it back, sans windows but still mobile. I bought mine direct from Land Rover when it was released, 3 years after the event.

4.4 petrol Jag V8, goes and sounds great B)

My wife's 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD. Nice little car, handles very well and has a bit of go, not as much as I expected from the turbo 5 but enough to put a smile on my dial and a tad more involving than the big ML.....

IMG_1101_zpstapjmi2j.jpg

IMG_0637_zpsnr6wgp8d.jpg

Volo%20S60_zpsiycmzxm8.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here is one of my other cars. 69 R/T 440 Magnum BB.

DSC_0020_8376.jpg

DSC_0023_8379.jpg

YES!

I would give my left ... for one of these.

In fact, if I could find one (not in the USA - too much work), one of the P cars would be sacrificed.

Swap? 

YES!

I would give my left ... for one of these.

In fact, if I could find one (not in the USA - too much work), one of the P cars would be sacrificed.

Swap? 

Thanks mate.

Childhood dream. Imported about 6 years ago. California car, I'm the third owner, 50000 miles, fully documented, matching numbers, all original, time warp car. Drives like new, and ran a easy 14 second pass down the 1/4 mile just for fun. 

Sorry this one is going nowhere.

Archived